SCUBA mistakes in movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah the story line is to get as many overly attractive women in as many binki's in 1 hour as possible.

I've always wondered:

Do some of the women on that show need a BC to dive or can they hook the LP hose directly to the implants? =)

I thought the show was just an hour long infomercial on the tensile strength of spandex.

Ty

VIP.... All they need to do is add some water and a mask or two. What has TV gotten to these days.

Rich:mean:

Not diving but in the movie the rock with nick cage. He get expopsed to some chemicals. To treat your self you need to take an actupein shot. Sorry about the spelling. Now you take it in the meaty part of the leg, but in the movie it say jam it in your heart. OUCH

I can't remember the name of the movie, but it's the Mystery Science Theater 3000 dive movie. (Gotta love MST3K!) Some goofy beach/dive movie from the late '60s. Anyway, certainly not the funniest MST3K show but my jaw dropped watching the diving. They didn't dive deep but were popping up & down so fast they HAD to have gotten bent. And one person taught another to dive by telling them to breathe through their mouth, not their nose, and that was the whole lesson!

Once saw a movie on the TV where this plane is highjacked and flighs low, hits an oilrig and land on the sea bottom. off cource followed by al kinds of under water saving efforts. My SO and me had a rally good time picking it apart. He took care of the flying part (he's a pilot) and I handled the diving part. Add to that that we both once worked on an off shore drilling rig! Off cource they got it all wrong - and it wasn't even a good show to start with :)

What about The Abyss????

The one where they're all 100's of metres down and one dude has to breath liquid air ..... then get brought to the surface in seconds in an Alien spaceship.

What a movie.... Loved it.

Originally posted by LilmanHSU
Yeah the story line is to get as many overly attractive women in as many binki's in 1 hour as possible.

I always thought 'lines' were designed to get as many overly attractive women OUT of bikini's as possible in 1 hour (or less)?!?!

Dive often, but dive safe

John

Not a diving movie but have you ever seen The Man from Snowy River? It's my favorite movie, but the scene right after Jim Craig gets thrown over the fence from the horse. Watch in slow motion and see the man chasing the horses.

What a terrible editing job. The guy is right in the middle of the screne.

I've seen the Abyss too. I've wondered the same things also.

:froggy:

Back
Top Bottom