Scuba Shack's Boat Get Wet Sinks in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After following this thread for a while, a thought came to mind. If Get Wet in fact was designed and built with a hatch that could open and block egress from the cabin, then the naval architect and ship builder would appear to have a stake in any liability law suit.

I apologize if this has already been pointed out. I have not had the time to read every post.

Duke Lacroix-"The "Get Wet" had no hull insurance. The liability insurance of Key Largo Scuba Shack is unknown. Jacobs Aquatic Center probably has liability, but they will rely upon the PADI release that Aimee and Amit likely signed before beginning their instruction. In my opinion the release can be defeated".

IMO PADI will have nothing to do with this accident. Clearly, this was a boat accident with passengers aboard. The exposure rests with the boat owner/operator. The liability is part of the hull policy. The lawsuits to come will likely go after the vicarious and "deep pockets" which would include the home port, motel, etc. This is why most marinas require to be named "additional insured" by any for hire vessels.

A release or waiver will not stand up against a claim involving 'gross negligence' law suits. Improper or lack of adequate maintenance of the vessel will lead to a claim of 'gross negligence', I'm quite sure. This in no way means I assume guilt of any party involved. The facts will be known after a thorough investigation.

After following this thread for a while, a thought came to mind. If Get Wet in fact was designed and built with a hatch that could open and block egress from the cabin, then the naval architect and ship builder would appear to have a stake in any liability law suit.

I apologize if this has already been pointed out. I have not had the time to read every post.

The problem with that is that some of these boats are modified, remodified and remodified again.

The Scuba Shack has a facebook page with several pictures of the boat. Facebook

Does someone know how to upload them? I am not seeing a door in any of the pics.

Here is another album with another boat pic Facebook

Right click on each photo and save it to your desktop. Then upload it here. Here are some of the photos:

getwet6.jpggetwet1.jpggetwet2.jpggetwet3.jpggetwet4.jpggetwet5.jpg

A release or waiver will not stand up against a claim involving 'gross negligence' law suits. Improper or lack of adequate maintenance of the vessel will lead to a claim of 'gross negligence', I'm quite sure. This in no way means I assume guilt of any party involved. The facts will be known after a thorough investigation.[/

Trying to get blood from turnips might be the eventual outcome if those responsible have neither assets or insurance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom