Scuba Shack's Boat Get Wet Sinks in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No kidding!

And went down in 3000', no less. :popcorn:

A Live Aboard is worthless once it sinks.
Unless you want to offer future customers a wreck diving opportunity

Unless you want to offer future customers a wreck diving opportunity

That would be the Trident, in Thailand....

Wow, a new soap opera. As The Propellor Turns.
No, no, no, I have already named it "As the Keys turn..." Those props stopped turning before they hit the bottom. :D

And went down in 3000', no less. :popcorn:
Wasn't it said that a freighter towed it in?

I think the sympathy for the captain fell off a bit.

No Don, the freighter only pulled the Captain in. The boat is sleeping with the really deep fishies.

No Don, the freighter only pulled the Captain in. The boat is sleeping with the really deep fishies.
Ooooookay. Poor gear, but serves a greater good I suppose.

I can think of better ways to do it, but maybe an life insurance fraud / suicide attempt.

From the Scuba Shack Facebook page:

"If you haven’t heard…..Key Largo Scuba Shack is expanding. Chris and Ali are in Bimini in the Bahamas getting ready for the opening of the Bimini Scuba Shack on December 20th. We’ll also be introducing our luxury live-aboard custom dive cruiser, debuting June 2012. We have Grand Opening specials for diving in Bimini, and for the Southern Sport Live-Aboard. There are year end specials on equipment and beginning of year specials on dives at the Key Largo Scuba Shack. Check out the website for more information (www.keylargoscubashack.com) or call 305-735-4313 or email us at info@keylargoscubashack.com. Happy Holidays!!!!"

This was posted on December 8th, 2011

follow up... The boat that just sank on it's way to bimini was captained by the same individual as the get wet incident :d

wtf ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom