Scuba Toys . com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22:
I believe you are correct Larry. But you still provide a good option to some overseas buyers. Do what you have to, and keep your pricing like it is. Love the new shop awesome, did you get the light thing figured out?
You must have been there the day we were blowing the breakers on the lights... Yea, we just jammed a few pennies into the fuse box, and they're staying on now. :05:

Actually, it tested out at drawing just less than 20 amps - but it was hot out - and the breaker would trip now and then - so we went up and cut some of the lights onto a different circuit and all is well now.

And thanks for the kind words about the new shop! We're really enjoying having the extra space.

I can honestly say they are a great company to do business with. Very helpful and honest. Looking forward to doing more business with them in the future.
Montyb

I generally deduct the wire transfer fees from my sales price if they choose to pay by wire transfer. Safe, secure and quick.
Larry, Glad to see local boys done good. We should get together and talk some time. Curly

Larry:
Will you be at Sea Space here in Houston next weekend?

Natasha:
Larry:
Will you be at Sea Space here in Houston next weekend?

I'd love to go... and was thinking of doing a booth there - but the reps kinda' asked if I would refrain - so as to not piss off other stores.

I really like that show - it was the first trade show I had a booth at when I invented the Scuba Tool. Since it is run non-profit with all the volunteers, the people there are great! Most shows I'd show up to and ask - "do you have a dolly I can use", and a big burley Teamster would explain I need to hire a union guy to watch me use their dolly...

The SeaSpace guys were more like, "No you can't use the dolly - you just tell us your booth number, and we'll unload this stuff for you.. would you like a sandwich and a beer?"

It was great!!

So as much as I like that show - I won't be making it this year - even walking it, because I've got my mom and dad coming down to visit for the weekend. They haven't seen the new store yet - and I want to spend time with them.

I'll get down to Houston for Dema though.

Want to say thanks to Scubatoys. Larry, you and your folks are great. Not only had the tanks I wanted, but got them to me in time to play with them this past weekend.

Thanks again.

Brian:D

I second that motion, I have done business with several online stores and found Scubatoys.com to be one of the best. Great selection, very competitive pricing, great shipping and whats more... Larry ACTUALLY ANSWERS his e-mails. Even if it's a silly question.
On the other fin, I have found "Best Scuba" to be one of the worst online stores (IMPO) to deal with. I have placed 2 orders with this store and have had nothing but problems. My 1st order (2 Wetsuit hoods) was supposedly "Lost in the mail" even though when I checked the tracking number, the USPS never had a record of it ever "actually" being mailed. The next order had 2 items (Spare Air and a wetsuit), only the Spare Air arrived. I was told by Jaclyn @ Best Scuba that both items were shipped in the same box and might have been stolen because her shipper rolled the spare air up in the wetsuit for protection. Now can someone explain how a Spare Air (NIB) and a Wetsuit (one piece 2mm XL) can be shipped in a 18"X10"X5" box?? Even if you were to roll the wetsuit up TIGHTLY BY ITSELF I still don't think it would fit. Instead of replacing the wetsuit, Best Scuba now tells me I will have to file a claim with UPS. More hassle that I want when I spend my money!
Now I will say one good thing about them, when Jaclyn found out my "order had not been sent"... I mean... "Lost in the mail", she did overnight my hoods and for that Ii am grateful but it still took about 3 weeks to get them.
I'm sure there are people who have had good experiences at this store, I mean I can understand that things happen with orders occasionally but with 2 strikes out of 2 pitches? I think I'll shop elsewhere before I strike out.

Well thanks for letting me vent and keep in mind that this is all "In My Personal Opinion".

*You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time

I will let you know in a week or so how I like Scubatoys. I am going to buy a Zeagle Brigade BC from them sometime this week. Just got to time it so that I can get it wet real quick.

Because of posts I read here on Scubaboard, I recently bought a Aries Atmos 2 for $165 less than what my LDS has it priced for.

That rocks for a middle class father with 3 kids, cat, dog, house and cars he has to pay for!!

Jeff

I,ve got to get on the bandwagon as well. Larry has exported to London and I saved £800.00 even after import duty and VAT.

Hey Larry, why don't you franchise in Europe - I'd by in :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom