ScubaBoard needs your help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can one support SB (go Red) without having to set up a PayPal account?

Zelle, perhaps?

Hi @Eyegore,

I understand your trepidation with using them, but as someone who integrates credit card processors with web sites, it probably wouldn't be a simple task for Pete to add Zelle - at least in the short time.

I just subscribed as well, and if @The Chairman was willing, I'll take your payment in Zelle and remit via the generic PayPal address if Pete can update your status manually.

Pete, in addition, while I don't have experience in your particular technologies, I have been doing tech for 40 years and web stuff for the last 25 so I would imagine I could be of assistance in some way if you want it.

Larry

Can one support SB (go Red) without having to set up a PayPal account?

Zelle, perhaps?

Hi @Eyegore,

I understand your trepidation with using them, but as someone who integrates credit card processors with web sites, it probably wouldn't be a simple task for Pete to add Zelle - at least in the short time.
It's OK, I just had to look up my bank info... The Zelle info netdoc2k@gmail.com

I just subscribed as well, and if @The Chairman was willing, I'll take your payment in Zelle and remit via the generic PayPal address if Pete can update your status manually.

Pete, in addition, while I don't have experience in your particular technologies, I have been doing tech for 40 years and web stuff for the last 25 so I would imagine I could be of assistance in some way if you want it.

Larry
Thanks... what I really need now is an elasticsearch guru.

If paid advertising isn't paying off, maybe it's time to consider going completely member supported. I suspect more people will contribute to a non-commercial site.

And you'll lose the headaches of trying to deal with advertisers. A secondary benefit is getting rid of the ads and all the page cruft that they require will allow your server and bandwidth requirements to go down substantially. Switch to a more reasonable 20 or 25 posts per page and it will drop even more.

This is based on experience. I created and administer a non-commercial website in a completely different field that has an order of magnitude greater traffic than this. Actually our technical costs have gone to zero since we only use open source software (phpBB, postgres, linux, etc.) our hosting is donated, and moderation and admin is done by volunteers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom