ScubaBoard needs your help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks... what I really need now is an elasticsearch guru.
Is there a reason you're looking specifically at elasticsearch? Just before pandemic hit I was starting up a load balanced ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack for work.

Wouldn't running an elastic load balancer, coupled with RDS, and cloud formation be a better option? Since xenforo is supported back end by MySQL isn't it? Cloud formation and ELB can be setup for auto scaling so when the site has little traffic you can scale back on hosting and when it gets busy auto scale up. Additionally, if you could auto scale it's possible that you can deploy updates with no to little down time.

I found this board a couple of months ago because a Scuba Board member posted about his trip on Trip Advisor about a dive operation he was reviewing. I have gotten really good information on here and enjoy the discussions and opinions, although sometimes the topic of conversation tends to veer off a bit. :wink: I am happy to pitch in and I've just become a Sponsor and threw $100 your way. Thanks for all you do! :yeahbaby:

Is there a reason you're looking specifically at elasticsearch? Just before pandemic hit I was starting up a load balanced ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack for work.

Wouldn't running an elastic load balancer, coupled with RDS, and cloud formation be a better option? Since xenforo is supported back end by MySQL isn't it? Cloud formation and ELB can be setup for auto scaling so when the site has little traffic you can scale back on hosting and when it gets busy auto scale up. Additionally, if you could auto scale it's possible that you can deploy updates with no to little down time.

I have a doctoral degree in math. I worked in Hyperbolic Lobachevskian and Riemanian geometries. I’ve worked in Ops Research and complex network design for 30+ years and I must confess that I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about in your post. My daughter is a software engineer at Amazon and I’m going to ask her to translate your complex message tonight. :dork2:

Back
Top Bottom