Scubaboard's members caught my attention

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm an advanced diver. I've done about 61 dives so far. I just got back from a trip to Belize. There's more than diving that is cool there!
I found this site, while looking for info. on how to teach kids about Scuba. I got some great ideas from many of you.
I live in the Toronto area, but give me warm salt water anyday!
Littlediver

Does 61 dives make one an advanced diver??? Perhaps from PADI's perspective. I asked this same question to a Dive Master yesterday..........he said you can hold the certificate and get your card changed, but a real advanced diver is about 400-500 dives.

I hold a card.............but I don't consider myself advanced.

Happy Diving

Guys... If a new member here posting a "hello" message in the meets & great forum and all the sudden someone started questioning their dive ability over something like this... it's most likely to run them off.

Welcome to Scubaboard Littlediver. I'm sure these guys didn't really mean anything bad by this...

Agreed....welcome.

mike_s:
Guys... If a new member here posting a "hello" message in the meets & great forum and all the sudden someone started questioning their dive ability over something like this... it's most likely to run them off.

Welcome to Scubaboard Littlediver. I'm sure these guys didn't really mean anything bad by this...

Welcome to the site Littlediver....as you well know there are people around here that get crazy when you mention you an Advanced diver.....Even though it's quite obvious you are talking about your Certification Card. Don't let it bother ya, it's just an ongoing issue like everything else....:wink:

Welcome again to the site and I hope you find alot of good info and share some good stories...:D

Steve

**Not aimed at you Mike..just used your post as a reference :wink:

Hi Littlediver, welcome to ScubaBoard, I too have AOW certification, starting my Rescue Diver course too. I have less than 50 dives, but will get as much training as I can.

Welcome to the board Littlediver :D This is a great place to gather information about anything scuba.
See you around the board!
Ber :lilbunny:

We need someone like you at our shop. We have a scuba rangers program that in all honestly you couldn't get me to teach at gunpoint. Not that I don't like kids, I just can't stand them :)

Welcome to the board.

Good to have you with us. How about completing your Profile and Dive Info - it helps.

:cowboy: don

Thanks Steve for coming to my Defense and yes LD it wasn't meant to be personal. We often debate what "advanced diver" means. I hold the same card......and most days I feel like I'm in control.........then the unusal happens and I remind myself I'm still learning. Thanks for getting our juices flowing.........and by the way I have an indoor heated pool at my home I love seeing the kids trying and learning scuba. Its totally rewarding.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom