Scubamax / Scubapro Frameless??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrunkenParrot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well after smashing my expensive scubapro frameless mask, I am in the market for a new mask and came across the scubamax frameless mask that looks really close to the scubapro frameless. But the kicker is it is only 30.00 compared to 90.00 for the scubapro. Has anyone had experience with this mask? Is it close to the scubapro in fit and quality? or am wasting my time and looking at Chinese junk? pics for everyone...

scubamax....
thumb2.php

scubapro....
scubapro-frameless-classic.jpg

They look very close, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same manufacturer for both masks.
Hopefully there will be a response that clarifies it. I might buy one myself.

Thanks,
Mitch

I own both, and I think the scubamax is actually better. The silicone is softer, imo. I've dived the hell out of the scubamax, and found no issues with quality.

I too have both and they are definitely not the same mask with different labeling. But they both seem to share the same quality performance and fit. There is no justification for the MSRP difference in performance. But I pay about the same price for each; buying my Scubamax from Dive Sports and buying my Scubapro frameless from ebay when the price is right.

I've used both, and they're both very good masks. I prefer the Scubamax because it fit my face better, which IMO is the top priority. Also, you really can't beat the price.

I've used both, and they're both very good masks. I prefer the Scubamax because it fit my face better, which IMO is the top priority. Also, you really can't beat the price.

Does the scubamax mask fit wider or narrower faces than the scubapro. Just wondering since my scubapro was a little on the small size. I dont have a LDS that carries scubamax so I can try it on.

So I bit the bullet and ordered the Scubamax mask last week to see it for myself. All I can say is WOW. This mask is great! The fit is a little bit better that my Scubapro. The silicon is just as soft as the other. The buckles are definitely different between the two, but I have to say I will not be ordering the SP mask anymore. I priced a SP frame less before I ordered the Scubamax last Thursday and my LDS had one in stock for 112.00 :crazyeye: .... I can almost buy 4 of the scubamax masks for one SP....Well here are some pics of the mask since the pics on the INTERNET are not very good of this mask....
2011-05-021322.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

The Scubamax next to the HOG Razorback mask...for size reference.
IMAG0589.jpg

Back
Top Bottom