scubapro 1st stage identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sportdiver24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
DSCN0002.jpg

Its a scubapro with one hp port and 2 lp ports. It leaks a little out of the holes so it needs to be serviced if anyone can direct me to the manual for it or a diagram it would be great. Thanks

that is a rather dated version of the MkII, last I knew service kits were still available. On a side note the yoke is also older and rated for the 2250psi tanks; not recommended for today's modern 3,000 psi ones.

Jeff

thanks i'll probably just retire it to display then. It will make a nice paperweight too.

That light yoke can be replaced with a modern heavy duty yoke and the rest should be good to go after an "annual" service. That reg should work just fine on a slung tank. I suspect it may also need an adapter for a modern HP hose (also readily available).

can you tell me where i can get a yoke? I haven't found a good supplier for parts yet. my lds sells me some parts if he has them (you can tell he's not happy about it). i wouldnt mind this reg for pool use or on a pony bottle. i'm not against using older regs at all. i have 3 aqualung aquarius that i would use anywhere.

I think it's a mk 3 from the 60's or early 70's. It would look good with a 108 2nd stage. I'd keep the yoke.

i have the 108 second stage on my pool setup. it is one of the best regs i've used. the fact that the hose fitting is angled makes it very comfortable. how does this first stage come apart? is everything supposed to come out the yoke side or does the bottom somehow unscrew?

its back together cleaned with new rings tested and working great. i would like to upgrade the yoke on it if anyone knows where i can get one.

Shop ebay for a yoke. I would keep the original yoke on it to keep the vintage flavor of the regulator. It looks like a nice one. I put a myflex hose on my 108 and its sweet.

Back
Top Bottom