Scubapro Balanced Adjustable - have you seen this version?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of my 5 G250's, except one, have the same adjustment knob as your pictured 156 so I looked it up on both the 109/15X and G250 parts breakdown and both show to have the same 11-250-009 part number. However, the parts breakdown PDF you provided for the CE shows a part number of 11-150-104 and appears to be the same and I assume that it is since it will fit. I guess they "upgraded" the part number so it relates to the CE version only. ???? .... So if you had a "sacrificial" G250 you could use those parts to return the 156 to it's original condition or am I missing something here?
I guess you are right, you can use any 109/G250/BA knob......

All of my 5 G250's, except one, have the same adjustment knob as your pictured 156 so I looked it up on both the 109/15X and G250 parts breakdown and both show to have the same 11-250-009 part number. However, the parts breakdown PDF you provided for the CE shows a part number of 11-150-104 and appears to be the same and I assume that it is since it will fit. I guess they "upgraded" the part number so it relates to the CE version only. ???? .... So if you had a "sacrificial" G250 you could use those parts to return the 156 to it's original condition or am I missing something here?
You are correct the adj knobs are interchangeable including a G250V knob,

The G250V ones look nice with satin 156 as they too are satin-ish. You can still get them new.

Over here genuine 156 are quite common, I've found 3 NOB and one NOB all satin, I also found a Mark X that looked to be new too. I sold them all, yet another regret. Poo.
I tried my luck and picked up 10 or 12 satin BAs from yahoojapan auctions a couple years ago.
They all turned out to be BA 150s....but the price was right and a few had that nice all satin finish.

Well I've come up with a couple of more questions regarding the 109/15X regulators. I've recently purchased another 109/15X Balanced-Adjustable only this time with a polished chrome face. This one has a different style of retainer clip for the adjustment knob/stem assembly. It doesn't wrap around the housing, it has a slot machined into the housing that the clip slides into and the clip is actually different. It also has a different black diaphragm cover as it has 8 holes instead of 5. Also the satin faced regulators black rubber diaphragm cover has a protruding circular ridge in the center around the "S" medallion plate. I haven't been able to find anything on the changed components in all my literature which is from Brian (God rest His Soul) @ Vintage Double hose. I've attached pics so any assistance will be greatly appreciated..... TIA .... JP

Attachments

• 100_4858.JPG
    100_4858.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_4859.JPG
    100_4859.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_4862.JPG
    100_4862.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_4860.JPG
    100_4860.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_4861.JPG
    100_4861.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 57
The one on the right looks like a franken-reg to me, a 109 body with a balanced/adjustable faceplate. That's definitely an earlier rubber diaphragm cover. In the last photo it's hard to see the clip you're referring to, but I don't think I've ever seen one like that. Both adjusting knobs look like 109 knobs to me, not the later B/A knobs.

Take all this with a grain of salt, as I'm not an expert on the different generations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom