Scubapro Balanced Adjustable - have you seen this version?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the following is more or less accurate. Scubapro introduced the Balanced Adjustable in 1985 and so the 109 Adjustable became "obsolete" and was no longer produced.
So up until at least the early 90's, SP sold a conversion kit to upgrade the 109 to Balanced/Adjustable, the kit included a satin B/A cover to replace the plain 109 cover. This would explain many of the 109/Balanced Adjustable franken-regs.
I have only seen one other example of the recessed clip but don't have any schematics or catalogs showing that configuration.
SP ADJ conversion kit.jpg

The one on the right looks like a franken-reg to me, a 109 body with a balanced/adjustable faceplate. That's definitely an earlier rubber diaphragm cover. In the last photo it's hard to see the clip you're referring to, but I don't think I've ever seen one like that. Both adjusting knobs look like 109 knobs to me, not the later B/A knobs.

Take all this with a grain of salt, as I'm not an expert on the different generations.
Thanks, I'm sure there's quite a few "mix-n-match" regulators around. I'll just have to see if I can assemble them as original as possible. .... 🍻

All of them have the same size exhaust/purge valve but I think the only one that had the larger valve was the B/A X model ....

All of them have the same size exhaust/purge valve but I think the only one that had the larger valve was the B/A X model ....
If you are referring to the The Mark X Dual Balanced, the second stage is a standard Balanced Adjustable. It does not have the large exhaust valve.

If you are referring to the The Mark X Dual Balanced, the second stage is a standard Balanced Adjustable. It does not have the large exhaust valve.
My mistake... I thought I read that it was the only one that had a larger exhaust valve similar to the G250. From what I've read and been told, The Mark X Dual Balanced was in reference to it only being offered as a MK10 balanced first stage and B/A second stage. I learn something new everyday.

My mistake... I thought I read that it was the only one that had a larger exhaust valve similar to the G250. From what I've read and been told, The Mark X Dual Balanced was in reference to it only being offered as a MK10 balanced first stage and B/A second stage. I learn something new everyday.
You`re referring to the BA 156...

I think I've got an old 109 with that thinner recessed clip, and a second one where the clip was replaced with a piece of wire. I'll bet @axxel57 can help with the history on that feature.
1705704305273.png

I have one too! Clip is still intact.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom