Scubapro Galileo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beaverdivers, thank you for taking the time to post this info, and for making the effort to dive the multiple computers in differing conditions so you could compare them. Looks like this is going on my "want" list!

Hello.
Can anyone explain - Sol have Buddy feature, so i can monitoring my buddy's tank with separate transmitter.
In G2 manual only says T1, T2 etc.
Does it has separate Buddy tank for pairing and check?
The Galileo Sol & Luna have a Buddy monitoring feature that does not go into the algorithm. The G2 does not have this buddy feature, but it uses the new LED transmitter. It is probably a better idea since you can visually monitor your buddy's tank from a greater distance. Green - more than 2000 PSI, Yellow - ~1500 PSI & Red below 1000 PSI. Using the Buddy feature on the Sol & Luna you have to be within about 5' of your Buddy.

The Galileo Sol & Luna have a Buddy monitoring feature that does not go into the algorithm. The G2 does not have this buddy feature, but it uses the new LED transmitter. It is probably a better idea since you can visually monitor your buddy's tank from a greater distance. Green - more than 2000 PSI, Yellow - ~1500 PSI & Red below 1000 PSI. Using the Buddy feature on the Sol & Luna you have to be within about 5' of your Buddy.

Have you actually tried looking at them? -- I wonder at what distance it all becomes blue, this being water an' all. I'm sure it's more than the 3 feet (I suspect 5 is an "in perfect conditions, maybe") for the radio, though, so it's a win no matter what that is.

I like just asking my buddy what their pressure it. It has more benefits than just me learning what their pressure is.

If it is somehow difficult or inconvenient to ask my buddy and for them to tell me, then that tells me I have other issues that need to be addressed, in addition to the possibility of being low on air.

+1 stuart. My wife and I don't use our buddy tank features because we periodically ask each other.

Still, the LED transmitter (which I don't have) actually does not seem like a bad idea which would be great if buying new, but not worth the cost of selling my old transmitters and buying new ones, unless the new ones have other advantages.

Also, I like just looking at colour of the water to see what my depth is, and checking my watch for my gas loading.

There are other reasons why LED is a great idea. Like if my buddy loses the link they can ask me their tank pressure is.

+1 stuart. My wife and I don't use our buddy tank features because we periodically ask each other.

Still, the LED transmitter (which I don't have) actually does not seem like a bad idea which would be great if buying new, but not worth the cost of selling my old transmitters and buying new ones, unless the new ones have other advantages.

I don't have any one normal/regular buddy. There is pretty much zero chance I would ever be diving with someone who had a transmitter that I would have programmed into my computer. So, a Buddy Check feature is truly of no value to me anyway (though my Atom 3.0 does actually have that feature).

For my own transmitter, I try to mount it to be pointed down or otherwise as tucked away as possible. Unless the whole end was one big LED, I'm not sure how likely it would be for my buddy to really see it anyway.

If I bought into SP and wanted a transmitter, I would probably try to score a used no-LED version for cheap from someone who drank the Kool-Aid and wanted to upgrade. :)

if my buddy loses the link they can ask me their tank pressure is.

Is that an issue with ScubaPro AI? In my 3 years with Oceanic and now Shearwater computers that use the same transmitter (as each other, not the same as what SP uses), I have never had an issue with that.

I'm just sayin' "for example". I can see right away it's operational when it lights up when I turn the valve. A DM herding a group of cats might appreciate the lights. And so on.

A LED costs next to nothing and provides a second output channel for redundancy. It's a great idea.

I'm just sayin' "for example". I can see right away it's operational when it lights up when I turn the valve. A DM herding a group of cats might appreciate the lights..

True. True.

Back
Top Bottom