Scubapro Galileo HUD (hard to see?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

myrddin

Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t see this answer anywhere so I’ll ask you experts. For the scubapro galileo hud if I am a person with farsided sight (I think that’s the term) where I need glasses to see anything up close. Will this HUD display be blurry like everything else I try to see with out glasses? My vision starts to go south at just inside arms length… but anything up close 6 inches or less (text wise) is blurry. I have the shearwater peregrine console dive computer… but was thinking of adding a Scubapro computer so I can sign up before it’s too late (new bcd and reg) to get the free parts for life.

Thoughts?

bumping this question. I am no longer looking for a dive computer... but wondering if anyone has looked at this that is like me (older and needs reading glasses to see up close) If I don't have reading glasses on, everything is blurry from 10 inches or so out to close up. Just wondering...

Have you tried contacting SP's technical support through their website page? They are usually good at answering questions. Just look for "technical support" there.

Great idea! I will give it a try.
Please update us here when you hear back from SP. If you don't hear back from them, let me know please.

I will let you folks know for sure.

Well that may have been the fastest responce I have ever gotten :) The reply is below: (now I know)

I use reading glasses as well and have no issue seeing the HUD screen. We’d recommend going to an Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealer and trying it out just to make sure.

Cordially,

Dan

Daniel R. Knauss

Tech Service Dept.

Johnson Outdoors Diving LLC – SCUBAPRO®

My only other concern is how sometimes a wave or something else could knock the mask off. I guess it can be retrieved, but man wouldn't it suck if you couldn't find it. I want one of these... I think the idea behind it is awesome.

My only other concern is how sometimes a wave or something else could knock the mask off. I guess it can be retrieved, but man wouldn't it suck if you couldn't find it. I want one of these... I think the idea behind it is awesome.

That's going to hurt :)

I am contemplating getting one myself. I want it for the GPS feature that will help me navigate to specific points on the surface and also to have the computer display in front of my eye while my hands are busy with the camera or spearfishing.

One SB member who actually uses it gave me very good review of it that addressed my concerns.

P.S. I need reading lenses in my mask and your question and their answer addresses this issue for me too :)

That's going to hurt :)

I am contemplating getting one myself. I want it for the GPS feature that will help me navigate to specific points on the surface and also to have the computer display in front of my eye while my hands are busy with the camera or spearfishing.

One SB member who actually uses it gave me very good review of it that addressed my concerns.

P.S. I need reading lenses in my mask and your question and their answer addresses this issue for me too :)

Nice! Well I am still thinking about it... I just got a new shearwater peregrine. But I am getting gear for my son and thought I may give him my computer and get the HUD setup. I already have the mask. I think if I could try it out and it worked, I would get it... The shearwater peregrine is so nice though... very easy to read... I am also afraid the HUD will seem tiny... but being so close might make it appear the same size as the shearwater peregrine.

I see they have the free transmitter offer on Amazon. Tempting. Lots of the reviews show they were not able to wake it up once they received it though. Also, some say never to let the battery die or it will go to deep sleep mode, where you need to send it in to Scubapro to have them wake it up. Unsure if that was an old thing or still current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom