Scubapro Galileo HUD (hard to see?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looking up first alert

Give the HUD a number of dives before you decide if you like it or not. On my first dives I hated it. I found it distracting. After a while you will stop looking "at" it and you will start looking "through" it. This is when it becomes comfortable and will no longer be a distraction.

thanks, appreciate this info.

thanks, not sure why.. but I have never seen this b4. seems interesting. I will pick one up.

I see they have the free transmitter offer on Amazon. Tempting. Lots of the reviews show they were not able to wake it up once they received it though. Also, some say never to let the battery die or it will go to deep sleep mode, where you need to send it in to Scubapro to have them wake it up. Unsure if that was an old thing or still current.
Firmware v1.5 was just released, I believe to address the "deep sleep" issue. Recalls

Firmware v1.5 was just released, I believe to address the "deep sleep" issue. Recalls
I have had no problems at all with mine. I did get mine at the dive shop (who matched the Amazon deal) and they also turned it on and updated the FW while I was there. The dives are great with it. I can see it as clear as anything. Also, it appears huge in my view, but not intruding my vision (if that makes sense). I like it, however I do plan to come up with a tether to ensure I don't lose my mask from a rogue surface wave or whatever. That would be a bummer. I still have not turned on the navigation or surface marking (whatever it's called) yet to see how it works for setting way points; But I will. I have zero complaints.

I still have not turned on the navigation or surface marking (whatever it's called) yet to see how it works for setting way points; But I will. I have zero complaints.

Please do turn it on and report back, the GPS feature.

I will turn it on for my next dive. I do see it will use more battery when on... but I am not sure how much. I think as is, I get 20 hours of dive time before I need to charge. I'll turn it on and try to mark a few things in my quarry and see what I can make of it.

I will turn it on for my next dive. I do see it will use more battery when on... but I am not sure how much. I think as is, I get 20 hours of dive time before I need to charge. I'll turn it on and try to mark a few things in my quarry and see what I can make of it.

The top reason for me to buy this computer is the ability to use GPS to navigate to dive spots on surface and dropping down underwater exactly where I should with GPS accuracy.

I am eagerly waiting for your report please 🙂

Never dove without a snorkel in my 50 years of diving (except in overhead environments.)

I am still a newbie. I've only been diving for 9 years and almost 800 dives.

I have a regular snorkel, which I do use for ... snorkeling. And I have a fold-up snorkel, which I never actually carry, much less use.

I have not done a dive with a snorkel since I finished my original OW class. I have also never done a dive where I ended up wishing I had brought a snorkel. I have also never finished a dive, come to the surface, and not had enough gas left in my scuba tank to be able to breathe off my regulator while I swam to my boat or shore exit point, if I wanted to.

I am still a newbie. I've only been diving for 9 years and almost 800 dives.

I have a regular snorkel, which I do use for ... snorkeling. And I have a fold-up snorkel, which I never actually carry, much less use.

I have not done a dive with a snorkel since I finished my original OW class. I have also never done a dive where I ended up wishing I had brought a snorkel. I have also never finished a dive, come to the surface, and not had enough gas left in my scuba tank to be able to breathe off my regulator while I swam to my boat or shore exit point, if I wanted to.

I usually swim 500 meters on surface to get to the drop down spot and use snorkel to get there. I seldom use a regulator to breathe with on surface, probably never did.

I took a NAUI scuba course so I learned how to use the snorkel properly since way back. I been diving for a very long time all over the world and have been in situations where I was very glad I had my snorkel with me and it certainly made a huge difference to me to have it with me in these challenging situations.

I can offer you a remedial basic scuba diver course next time I am back home in the US. You don't have to pay me for the course you just have to feed me though (I am a cheap date, I don't drink alcohol, just steak and potatoes).

😜😜😜😜😜😜

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom