Scubapro Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The luna is great. The only down side isnt that bad. It can be a bit bulky at first but you get used to it pretty quick.
It has tons of features: digital compass, air integration, dive planning, nitrox, large log book, ir downloadable, can store pictures, multiple languages, easy navigation, customizable screens, can invert screen if you want to wear on bottom of arm.
My favorite feature though is that it is reprogrammable. If scubapro comes out with a new algorithum or feature you can just downlad it straight to the computer instead of having to replace the computer. You can add the sol features later also like the heart monitor but im not sure about adding the feature were yo ucan monitor up to 4 tanks like the sol.
But you would be very happy with your choice of the luna. just be careful when yo uare looking around because a lot of the time peole advertise the price of the computer without the transmitter to make it look cheaper.

How does it store pictures? I've heard if that before but didn't quite understand it

"Galileo’s memory allows you to store up to 100 grey-scale bitmap pictures which can be viewed on the surface or underwater."

You upload the pictures from your PC to the Luna/Sol via the infrared adapter. The Luna/Sol can only display grey-scale, not color.

I bought the Luna and then upgraded it with the heart rate monitor and the PGM - predictive multi-gas software. I like the log data detail, the easy to read display and the air integrated transmitter. It can display your gas pressure, your dive buddy's pressure (if your dive buddy is diving with a Luna/Sol) and it can also show pressure on two additional cylinders of different O2 mix using the PGM module. It will notify you when to switch gas, for instance; if you carry a 50% nitrox mix then at 70 feet it will notify you to switch to that. If you have 100% O2 then at 20 feet it will notify you to switch to that cylinder.

I don't like the straps so I replaced them with bungees and cord stops.

You can get a pretty good price on the Luna with transmitter that carries the full Scubapro warranty. I've seen them as low as $720 on ebay and websites lately, a better price than I paid. If you think you want the heart rate monitor and/or the PMG module then purchase the Sol which sells for about $995.

The LUNA reads upto 4 transmitors straight out the box.
The compass is truely fantastic to use whilst still giving basic dive data at the bottom.
The air intergration is very good and reconnects underwater unlike my old Suunto, which if it dropped connection would mean surfacing to reconnect. The only time it has dropped the connection was when the battery in the transmittor was getting low.
The screen is really clear. Some say it's a little big but then I don't want to be trying to look at something the size of a 1900's pocket watch when I am in the dark at 50m.
Many user definable settings making it just right for yourself.

You may have guessed I like mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom