Scubapro MK 20 Mysteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On to the 3rd one, serviced by a LDS in December 2009. The IP settles to 131 PSI; on a purge, it drops to 123, then takes a minute to get back to 131.

I remove the piston, again a composite one; it looks perfect. I brasso it for about 5': the edge and the body, both outside and inside. It doesn't look any different after that, and, after re-assembly, gives the exact same results: steady state IP: 131 PSI, 8 PSI drop on purge, and 1 minute to recover, give or take a PSI or so. Btw, the LDS who serviced this one must have a special deal with Christo or Tribo: he coated everything with it.

Oh well, I guess it's all within specs; it just doesn't look good, and it doesn't make sense to me: out of the 4 MK20's, all of them in the 130 PSI range:
  • #1 has instant recovery, maybe 50 dives since last service by a LDS
  • #2 has instant recovery, after I replaced the piston, as described above, just serviced myself
  • #3 has 1' recovery, serviced a few months ago by a LDS
  • #4 also has about 1' recovery, serviced a year ago by a LDS

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom