Scubapro NovaScotia 6.5 mm Semi-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally recieved mine @ a month ago. I am very impressed with it. The first time I dove it I automaticly reached for my drysuit valve. It is great for stopping the water transfer, as a matter of fact I have never had more than a few ounces in the suit. Ussually my legs are damp. and I am dry above the waist.

wow, thats pretty impressive that the seals are that good. How's the fit compared to other scubapro wetsuits (if you've worn them)? and what was the price if you don't mind me asking, the only ones I have seen have been online for like $299 eur, about $410 usd.

Seems like the sizes run a little larger on the Nova Scotia. I wear a XL 5mm Thermal Tec and it is fairly tight, my XL Nova Scotia is a little loser. I also got a pair of Deep See Dry Comfort Gloves that mate with the seals on the suit. Money well spent, very little water transfer in my hands also. I picked this suit up from a dealer in the midwest for $450.00. Worth every cent in my book. Have been diving in 46 degree comfortably.

WOW! 46 degrees, I have to get this suit. There seems to be some conflicting size issues witht the suit though, wierd. I have heard from some people that the suit fits a lot tighter than thier normal size in a scubapro suit, and visca versa.
Thanks for your input, maybe I should go with a dealer just in case it doesen't fit.

I have been using the Nova Scotia for about 3 months now. On my last trip in 50'F water, I was REALLY warm! Leakage was minimal and I definitle loved not freezing my **** and spine when I first entered the water. I did find the shoulders to be a bit conservative compared to my other suit. This may be from the lack of elasticity from the zipper. Regardless, I had to get 1 size larger. If you have large shoulders, take note.

l31gc:
WOW! 46 degrees, I have to get this suit. There seems to be some conflicting size issues witht the suit though, wierd. I have heard from some people that the suit fits a lot tighter than thier normal size in a scubapro suit, and visca versa.
Thanks for your input, maybe I should go with a dealer just in case it doesen't fit.

If the older Nova Scotia sizing is a guide... I found the old Nova Scotia size a bit smaller than their regular wetsuits. I wear a L scubapro thermal tec 5mm, but had to get the XL for the nova scotia as the L was too tight on the shoulders and the neck seal was too tight. Or it's just probably the 5mm stretches more. Anyways, people's body shape differ and best to try one on first hand... The XL semi dri is slightly too long on the torso for me. If they improved on the Nova Scotia, kudos to them... a very DRY semi-drysuit it is...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom