scubapro or apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've probably got 60 dives on my apeks backgas regs since their last rebuild and they've haven't IP creeped enough to continuously dribble free flow yet, which is nearly a miracle...

i would like to know between the scubapro mk 25 et the apex tek 3
which one is better.

Hi claude,

use the Apeks,
or, if you prefers scubapro use the Mk17 1st stage.

For cold water i suggest you to use only dry sealed diaphragm first stages and no piston controlles ones.
Im diving Apeks regulators since 16 years (my first regulator was an Reflex T50D) in cold water here in germany. Cold water means water temperatur 4 deg Centigrade (40 deg farenheit) and air temperatures minus 18 deg Celsius (0 deg Farenheit) an i never ever had a problem.
Why dry sealed - the answer should be clear, when there is no water in the system, nothing can freeze.

Nothing can prevent you from ice when there is water in the tank or in the air you use,
but you can use a system that provides you the best savety.

Be aware of ice kits with oil in the water chambers of the first stage. They cost additonal money when serviceing and, from my point to view, causes only problems.

best regards
robert

People make ALOT about being sealed. Its no guarantee of anything.

It is that stuff won't get in there. I don't see why there is a need for not sealing. But hey, I feel similarly about the way people make ALOT about hose routing.

Apeks - Scubapro - Halcyon. I use all of them.

I prefer the hose routing of Halcyon/Scubapro regs but the price of the Apeks :) Buy what your budget allows and what you can get serviced easily.

However - the Tec 3 regs are handed regs - and expensive at that. I wouldn't advise these as they are hard to swap out with other team members or to cross over as stage regs. They day you want to turn your back gas regs into stage regs and find you have to route them differently I think you would be a bit fed up that you paid a premium for the inflexibility. If you have that much to spend buy scubapro or halcyon (I'd go for the Halcyon personally)

I also prefer the hose routing of the Scubapro MK25s, however both the Dive Rite 1208 and Apeks DST first stages now have the optional 5th port which allows similar routing. I believe the HOG regs do as well.

However - the Tec 3 regs are... expensive.... If you have that much to spend buy scubapro or halcyon (I'd go for the Halcyon personally)

You can get a set (paired firsts and 2 seconds) of Tek3s for under $1000 - how much do two pairs of H75P Halos cost?

Why do you prefer the Halcyon regs to the SP equivalents?

...Apeks DST first stages now have the optional 5th port... I believe the HOG regs do as well.

I'm not aware of Apeks DST having an optional 5th port - link please?

Why do you prefer the Halcyon regs to the SP equivalents?
FWIW Halcyon will sell service kits from what I've been told. I don't think there's a price difference between Halcyon regs and Scuba Pro, since they're the same reg?

I have three mk25. We dive all year long water temp the other day was 34. I have never had them freeze up. I'm sure it is possible if you are spending a lot of time on the surface. As far as routing. I think they are perfect. I wouldn't have bought the other two if I didn't think so. Try them both see which one you like better routing or performance. Good luck.

I have three mk25. We dive all year long water temp the other day was 34. I have never had them freeze up. I'm sure it is possible if you are spending a lot of time on the surface. As far as routing. I think they are perfect. I wouldn't have bought the other two if I didn't think so. Try them both see which one you like better routing or performance. Good luck.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom