Scubapro Pilot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a dab of christolube in the inlet and let it distribute With the air flow. Check to see the visable orings were black and adjusted out the slight leak. That was over 4 years ago and still going strong.

I played around with this drawing using Photoshop Elements, and came out with at least a readable result. I thought I would share it with you.

Attachments

• Scubapro Pilot Diagram-enhanced.jpg
    Scubapro Pilot Diagram-enhanced.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 197
Hello All,

I'm trying to put together another set of annotated files for the AIR 1 and Pilot. Please fill in any blanks you can or correct any errors.

Using the diagrams we have available, I will list the item number followed by the o-ring size number. I no longer have either regulator, so I have no way of verifying. TIA

Pilot
Item)
5) -223
15) -116 however, someone mentioned the switch seal is a -117
26) -013
28) -014 ??? is my guess
35) -002
39) -022
40) -017
44) -011 ??? or -010 ???
55) -010

AIR 1
Item)
7) -223
20) -013
22) 5-125 (non standard) i.d. 4.57mm c.s. 1.02mm regular poppet
or 2.2mm c.s. 1.0mm for a modular poppet
26) -017
29) -022
34) -116

I have my Pilot almost completely apart. I see a bit of scoring or buildup on the inside where the ball lies, so I will use some acetic acid to see if it comes off. Other than that, the O-rings all look very good, and will simply be lubed and put back on. I do not see that very small O-ring, so it must be inside one of the two parts. (I've been warned not to remove that very small O-ring, as it is almost impossible to replace.) I hope to have some photos soon.

SeaRat

Attachments

• Pilot Parts1.jpg
    Pilot Parts1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Pilot Parts2.jpg
    Pilot Parts2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Scubapro Pilot, in parts.jpg
    Scubapro Pilot, in parts.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 135
Is the -002 the O-ring that needs to be soft? You may be able to see in the picture that my O-ring almost looks like it has a square profile from years of compression.

IMG_5170.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG

My understanding is the spec is duro 50. I have not had to service mine yet but i did find duro 60 from an online source ( oringsusa?).

# 44 is also a soft o-ring. I ordered duro 60 flouro-silicone MS from oriingsusa. It would be great if some can confirm the size; I ordered 010. But I can get some 011s if necessary. I'd like to get all the o-rings together before dismantling my pilot.

I did get 100 (minimum order) of duro 50 002 silicone o-rings. Those were a non stock item at oringsusa. The good news is that I now have several lifetimes' supply, so in case I get cryogenically frozen, revived in some future century, and decide I want to rebuild that pilot again, I'll be all set. In the mean time, any pilot owners that want a few of these hard-to find o-rings can send me a PM. The duro 60 010s were stock, so I only got a few of those. I hope they're the right size.

I removed the #44 o-ring recently and am undecided on the size. Looks like a flattened and slightly shrunk 011 or a flattened and stretched out 010. I hope it's a 010 because I dread trying to put the cap back on a 011.
IMG_2902.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom