Scubapro Pilot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, notsure, If I am looking at your photo correctly, the o-ring on the right is the old one, a new 011 is to the left, and a new 010 is underneath?

After reading and looking at the photos in this thread, I'm going to try a 010 and a 903 in that spot. (#44) The 903 has the same interior diameter of a 011, but since the cross section is a bit smaller, the outside diameter should be about .3 mm smaller. That might be a perfect fit if the 011 is too big and the 010 is too small. The 010 OD is about 9.6MM, the 011 is about 11.1MM, the 903 is around 10.8, maybe a little bigger. Hopefully between that and the softness of a 60 duro the cap should fit.

I measured my o-ring carefully a few times and got pretty close to 10.9mm each time. I think the 903 may be the right size. I just bought another Pilot that looks like "New Old Stock", when I get it torn down I will see if all of the O-rings match those from my other reg.

IMG_2903.JPG

Notsure, send me a pm with your address if you'd like and I'll send you some 50 duro 002s for the pilot seat. I only bought a few of the 903 60 duros, but if we can determine that 903 really works, I'll look for those in 50 duro silicone.

Awap and I rebuilt our pilots yesterday, here's what we came up with.

The two seat o-rings are 002 and 011, both in duro 50. I had bought silicone for the 002, buna-n for the 011. If I were doing it over, I'd get silicone for the 011 as well, just to be consistent. I doubt that it matters.

There's another soft o-ring, it's #55, which is the seal on the poppet retainer. This is a 010, I used duro 60 flouro-silicone. This o-ring serves the same function as the small balance spool o-ring on the D series poppet, and that one is duro 50 I believe.

Getting the stop, #45, off the poppet retainer is a pain. Awap modified a caliper to grab the poppet retainer by two of the inlet holes, and notsure mentioned that he had done something similar. There is a SP tool for this, but it only grabs one inlet hole.

Assembling the pilot valve is a little finicky. You have to push the tiny o-ring on the button (#51) then either get that down in the poppet retainer oriented correctly, or stick the button-o-ring on the piston-spring (#36-13) and carefully lower the poppet retainer over the whole arrangement.

Overall it's not that complicated, just a lot of small parts and some real patience getting it all together.

[Overall it's not that complicated, just a lot of small parts and some real patience getting it all together.[/QUOTE]

Exact, still found the manual helpful.........

Exact, still found the manual helpful.........

Anything helpful in that manual on finding the small!est part that was dropped on the floor? Maybe a note that talks about managing your work space and don't drop anything? Thank God for bright red o-rings.

Anything helpful in that manual on finding the small!est part that was dropped on the floor? Maybe a note that talks about managing your work space and don't drop anything? Thank God for bright red o-rings.

Very funny....it didn't take that long to find.

If you install a red SP o-ring you may need to replace it in 10-15 years.....go with black. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom