ScubaPro Regulator ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Resqdivemedic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not sure if this is where I should post this but looking to ID this ScubaPro reg. I think it is an R109. My FD was tossing it out so I snagged it. Possibly going to upgrade and restore it if possible. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

It is either a 109 (unbalanced) or a 156 (balanced). The internals (poppet/spring/balance chamber would tell the tale)

Thanks Tbone, I'll have to see if the first stage is still around.

doesn't matter if it is or not, it can go on any first stage. It may struggle on Poseidon first stages due to the either high or low IP depending on the model, but any "normal" regulator it will be able to go on with no issues. No reason it can't replace a primary or secondary you use now. It's the same internals as a G250/260, just an old case design

109 duro-poppet:
upload_2017-4-18_13-59-45.png

156 s-wing (modern):
upload_2017-4-18_14-0-57.png

156 (earlier):

upload_2017-4-18_14-5-15.png

With that particular adjustment knob and rubber purge cover it is probably a Balanced Adjustable, as the Adjustable was out of production by the time those particular design changes were made.

Performance wise, it's right up there with a G250 or the current G260, just without the adjustable flow vane in the mouthpiece.

156 (balanced adjustable). Poppet is not servicible, so it either needs to go back to a 109 or use the s-wing. Some switch easily and some don't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom