ScubaPro Regulator ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the lot of regulators I salvaged from the local FD including the one from the start of this post.

IMG_0777.JPG

You could choose the 2 best 109s, rebuild them as balanced, rebuild the MK10, and you'd have a very nice set you can dive with the rest of your life.

Thanks halocline, that is what I am hoping for. When you said the MK5 is not that useful for current tanks, what does that mean?

Thanks halocline, that is what I am hoping for. When you said the MK5 is not that useful for current tanks, what does that mean?

IIRC the light yoke that you have on there isn't rated for high pressure, i.e. it's a 2500psi yoke, not a 3000+psi yoke

nothing against the reg itself, just it's attachment method

Finding all the parts to update the MK5 may be cost prohibitive and if you are interested in using both regulators it would be easier to find a late model MK5 with all the desirable features on it and go from there.
The 109 2nd stages may need the 2nd stage poppet assembly updated to the Duro poppet or balanced adjustable (your choice) The second stage on the right appears to be a later model with the balanced adjustable update done (156) but may still have the old poppet style and would need updating as well.
The MK10 is a fantastic regulator and probably just needs a service and as was said above with proper care you could dive them for decades to come.
I can service the regulators pictured above and or provide parts for you to do it yourself. The link below is to a PDF showing the poppet changes on the 2nd stages.
Scubapro Poppet Changes

Thanks OWIC647. I am going to service it myself. Trying to expand my knowledge in diving and would like to get into equipment repair. This is a good way to start. My LDS is willing to assist me in anyway. I know 2 of the second stages are balanced adjustable based on the photos in the link you provided. They have a white poppet which looks like the blue one in the photos. I haven't gotten into the third second stage yet so I don't know what type it is. Anyway, thanks again.

it should be, but IIRC again, it has a different thread than it's younger siblings,

This is false. Any MK5 yoke retainer will work. The problem is that the cheapest way you will find a late MK5 yoke is to buy a later model MK5, one that already has a turret with more than 2 LP ports. The later ones also have 2 HP ports that are sized for modern HP hoses. With that old 2-LP port model you would have a single 3/8" HP port that needs either an adapter or a custom HP hose.

But, there's no reason to give up on the old MK5. If you can find a suitable yoke you could use it as a pony reg, or better yet, find the elusive MK5 DIN retainer and you have a first class deco reg.

Back
Top Bottom