Scubapro S560 vs A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A SP dealer recommending the most expensive second stage, shock, horror.

Jokes, kind of, aside, what makes the carbon fiber covered one the "best"? Cheers.
The carbon fiber A700 is lighter and more comfortable than the A700. Also, it has the Black Tech coating offering anti-scratch resistance.

The Hi-Tec black sleek race car design of the A700 Carbon Fiber is a work of art. :yeahbaby:

Note: The A700 and the A700 CF perform the same. Yes, the A700 is an excellent choice.

The MK25 Evo/A700 Carbon Black Tech received Scuba lab's Tester's choice in 2016.

A700 is a tricked out looking homage to the 108 and 109 IMO and they almost had me getting it when I got my Mk25EVO but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it for that money. It just didn't look robust enough compared to the G260 which I eventually decided on.

And I build racing motorcycles with carbon fiber for "weight savings" not toughness to impact.

Get the Poseidon now and call it a day

A700 is a tricked out looking homage to the 108 and 109 IMO and they almost had me getting it when I got my Mk25EVO but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it for that money. It just didn't look robust enough compared to the G260 which I eventually decided on.

And I build racing motorcycles with carbon fiber for "weight savings" not toughness to impact.

Get the Poseidon now and call it a day
So I have a greater chance of impacting my A700 Carbon Fiber Black Tech than your racing motorcycle:shocked:

(For racing machines) Carbon fiber is easier to work with for the semi skilled than is sheet metal - although everyone agrees that if you can't do sheet metal like a craft master - don't even try.
Impact resistance and likelihood
of damage? if I rode around a lot on cattleboats, I be as hesitant to take my A700 as I am to take my 62 Voit A66 Navy. The A700 is the best looking modern second stage in production today (IMO) - almost too pretty to use :)

IMO way better. I think the A700 is distinctly unattractive. Lucky we don't all like the same thing or there'd be a lot of single people.

The MK25/A700 Black Tech are a SEXY combination in addition to their protective coating that adds a substantial practical benefit to the regulator.

The MK25/A700 Black Tech are a SEXY combination in addition to their protective coating that adds a substantial practical benefit to the regulator.

I think they do look quite nice in black but I don't like the square lines of the A700, I think the 109/156 is a very attractive looking second stage being more rounded and svelt. Clearly I need to get out more.

I think they do look quite nice in black but I don't like the square lines of the A700, I think the 109/156 is a very attractive looking second stage being more rounded and svelt. Clearly I need to get out more.

So retro :p

Back
Top Bottom