Scubapro Seawing Nova versus Atomic Smoke on the Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgl51

Contributor
Reaction score
First I cannot try these fins so I am looking for personal experience on this board.
I already own, and dive, with Scubapro Jetfins (drysuit) and Mares Avanti Quattro (wetsuit).
I am looking to buy a new pair and am down to these two models. One major criteria is performance in currents.

Both fins have been highly rated by Scubalab, but maybe there are some important differences.

Thanks in advance for sharing our experience.

jgl51
I got my hands on a set of Seawings and hope to take them for a test drive this weekend. As for current, I'm not sure if I'll get to try. I'll let you know what I think.

Cheers,

The Nova's provide great performance and thrust, however you already have great fins. Why change? You will have to alter your kicking technique between the sets.

Gene V: Looking forward to your feedback
ajduplessis: I am not that sophisticated of a diver!!! I use the Jetfins in the local lakes when diving drysuit. I use the Mares when traveling in warmer waters and dive in wetsuit.

So still curious to hear about these two types of fins!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom