Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marine 9, I got them online...at my favorite diveshop....not local to me, but available to the world...and a lot of folks here hate them, but to me, a dollar is a dollar, and if I keep more of them, then I am happy....contact Leisure Pro for the Seawing Nova fins...they are not on their catalogue site yet, but the fins are in Stock...contact them via email , or phone.....heck, I got mine, and sent in an "atta boy" email, I got a response back from the president of the company, thanking me for giving them an "atta boy".....$124.95 + shipping.....beats the $190 local price, and so fricking what if LP is not an "Authorized Dealer" , what is going to go wrong with a fin......?DUH!Dive early, dive often......!

Ummmmm....I had to turn mine in for another pair because one of the ribs tore in half. I'm glad I got mine from an authorized dealer. All I had to do was bring them in, and they told me to get another pair, no questions asked. The white ones had come in by that time, so now I have a pair of white Seawing Nova fins, and got them immediately! :D

Ok, so the bottom line. What do people that actually OWN the Seawings think? Worth the money reguardless of where we buy them, or not worth the money? I have old fins that still work, but I am looking to update. I have read about several problems from slippage to breaks. I am hjust interrested in getting the best fin for the best price. Would like to hear from the actual owners. Thanks.

Ok, so the bottom line. What do people that actually OWN the Seawings think? Worth the money reguardless of where we buy them, or not worth the money? I have old fins that still work, but I am looking to update. I have read about several problems from slippage to breaks. I am hjust interrested in getting the best fin for the best price. Would like to hear from the actual owners. Thanks.

I own them. I have used them in warm and cold water, wetsuit and drysuit, boat and shore dives. I like them very much. I have had no quality, breaks or slip issues.

I love my Seawings! They feel light, work great, and am glad I bought 'em~~

I just picked up a pair from my LDS and will take them to Bonaire with me during the first week of March. I'm looking forward to trying them out. If they are anything like the rest of the SP equipment I own, they should be great.

Thanks parzdiver, jupitermermaid, and BDSC. This is the kind of feedback, positive or negative, I am looking for. Not the rest of the BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I accidentally stumbled onto this website and thought it would be useful. Looks like I am right. BDSC, I will look forward to a review from you after your Bonaire trip (no pressure LOL). I am probably going to pick mine up near June or so. Right now it is too cold to dive. I really need to invest in either a dry suit or a thicker wetsuit. Both of mine are 3mm, and one is a shortie. But again, thanks guys.

Thanks parzdiver, jupitermermaid, and BDSC. This is the kind of feedback, positive or negative, I am looking for. Not the rest of the BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I accidentally stumbled onto this website and thought it would be useful. Looks like I am right. BDSC, I will look forward to a review from you after your Bonaire trip (no pressure LOL). I am probably going to pick mine up near June or so. Right now it is too cold to dive. I really need to invest in either a dry suit or a thicker wetsuit. Both of mine are 3mm, and one is a shortie. But again, thanks guys.

As soon as I get back I'll post a review!

I have a pair and they work well. I will admit they take some getting used to, due to their stiffness. They require less effort that other fins and are easy on my calve muscles. Very durable and fits like a glove. I do struggle with frog kicks, maybe it is my technique? It is not the best fin out there, and they are expensive$$$. Overall 8 out of 10

Ok, so I have spend more time in the water with my Nova's and must report back that they are great!!!! Frog kick are a breeze once I refined my technique and effortless through the water. They provide awesome thrust and are remarkably stable. The bungy type straps are strong, don in a flash and is a must for any fins. I can’t believe the rest of manufactures have not followed suit.

I would like to recall my pprevious statement on not being great, because the are truely great fins!!!! 10 out of 10

Regards
Jacques

I own them and love them. I've done about 25 dives with them and I like them over any other fins I've had. That's over a period of 28 years of diving. If I had to buy another pair of fins for some reason, I'd buy them again. JMHO :)

ajduplessis, I have been using a Bungee Strap System on Force Fins for over 15 years now. I pioneered the concept for the United States Marines. Glad to see some one else using our concepts including up curved wing tips, another design element of Force Fins.

Back
Top Bottom