Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think buying high(est) quality fins while being a beginner is not such a wise choice but nevermind...
they look kinda freaky :buggy:

Why not? It saves you money in the long run because you don't have to replace them when you become a better diver and realize the cheap ones you bought aren't really that good.

I'd rather have a pair of "freaky" looking fins that does the job in a strong current than look good in "pretty" fins while working hard and sucking my air down in less than perfect water conditions. IJS....

Ok so here's my .02..........

I've been diving since 1970, used about everything out there and everything that's come along.
Old US Diver heavy ass Rockets while in the Navy, to some nice in my opinion ScubaPro Split Fins Max.

I bought Force Fin Pros and have never put on anything else......... UNTIL

While visiting Key West, I had the chance to dive the Vandeburg, using rental gear. The shop owner at Dive Key West handed me a set of these Seawings and said the Rep had dropped them off and he wanted my thoughts on them.

Upon putting them on, I felt again like a Penguin getting into position to enter the water. (I can move much easier in my ForceFins making this effort).
On entering the water, we encountered a very strong current, strong enough to move my mask if I turned my head side ways to it.

They provided good thrust but far below what my FF TanDeltas do. I was exhausted when I finally was able to board the boat after the 90ft dive.

I'll stick with my Goofy looking Force Fins, even though the SeaWing is 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.

Those PJs and the Seals don't use them to just look pretty!

Ok so here's my .02..........

I've been diving since 1970, used about everything out there and everything that's come along.
Old US Diver heavy ass Rockets while in the Navy, to some nice in my opinion ScubaPro Split Fins Max.

I bought Force Fin Pros and have never put on anything else......... UNTIL

While visiting Key West, I had the chance to dive the Vandeburg, using rental gear. The shop owner at Dive Key West handed me a set of these Seawings and said the Rep had dropped them off and he wanted my thoughts on them.

Upon putting them on, I felt again like a Penguin getting into position to enter the water. (I can move much easier in my ForceFins making this effort).
On entering the water, we encountered a very strong current, strong enough to move my mask if I turned my head side ways to it.

They provided good thrust but far below what my FF TanDeltas do. I was exhausted when I finally was able to board the boat after the 90ft dive.

I'll stick with my Goofy looking Force Fins, even though the SeaWing is 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.

Those PJs and the Seals don't use them to just look pretty!

Which just goes to prove you should buy the highest quality you can afford. No fin is 100% for everyone. There are plenty of people who do not like force fins (oddly enough...many of their detractors have never tried them) If they work for you and you can afford them, they are awesome. Buying low end fins just because you are a new diver as suggested on the last page is just a waste of money. JMHO

Don't think i can pay the 2-3 times higher price for a pair of FF, else i will give it a try. ;-)
I do want to get the best equipment i can afford, even though i'm a beginner diver. Trying to sell off used low end stuff while "upgrading" later will be a pain in the a**.

(By the way, anyone wants to buy a pair of seldom used Scubapro Jet fins in fashionable black rubber? Spring straps newly attached.) :eyebrow:

Just bought the Seawing Nova fins, finally!
I ordered these 2 months ago & ScubaPro has now shipped the LDS.
I'm diving San Clemente Island this weekend.
Can't wait to break these bad boys in.....

This means mine should be on the way and i'll get them latest next week!! :banana: :banana:

Can't wait to see the actual thing, even though our dive is right after Christmas. :D

Just remember that you kick differently with these fins than regular. You don't have to fin like crazy to move. Long, slow kicks will propel you forward. It takes a little practice, but you'll be amazed at the difference!

Just remember that you kick differently with these fins than regular. You don't have to fin like crazy to move. Long, slow kicks will propel you forward. It takes a little practice, but you'll be amazed at the difference!

On my dives in Key Largo with the new fins, my air consumption rate was much lower than my trip in May. I was using mostly the same equipment except a change in fins (went from Velocity Duo Split fins) and regulator (From Cressi MC9 to Scubapro MK25/600).

I have to assume my air consumption change was more from the fins than the regulator.

What about frog kicks and backward kicks? I'm very interested in these fins but haven't read much about success with these kicks.

Back
Top Bottom