Scubapro--twin Jet Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justscuba

New
Reaction score
Im thinking of ording these fins from dive inn. Right now i have a sh***y pair of us diver fins (the ones you buy from walmart, lol). I was wondering what your experinces are with these types of fins and are they worth the money?

They are very nice fins. I had the opprotunity to try out a set that my dive buddy has, and I really like them. I have considered buying a set myself.

That is what I use. I've only used them a couple of times, but I feel I have much more control in the water than with traditional fins. I really like them, although I do lose a little performance, the control I have is much easier for me.

About a year ago, I was one of those considering Scuba Pro Twin Jets. I heard many good things about them, but still I had a hard time forking over the $$$ for them when I felt my Cressi Frogs worked just fine. Then Santa Claus brought me a pair of the Scuba Pros; and I like them a lot! I am pleased with their performance, and they are very comfortable.

I've used US Diver Blades for about 3 years. Last year, I had the opportunity to borrow some Twin-jet Black fins. IMHO these are the best. So my scuba buddy bought me some of my own for my birthday.

I bought them and gave them a fair try....
They worked about the same as the Apollos....
And I sold them too.

Most of the gimicks on the market are making up for poor tecnique...
Just my opinion.... but it should be yours too :wink:

Check out the split fin review on the DiveRite web site. This is a realistic test IMO and mirrors my experience with split fins.

I have the Twin Jet fins and am very pleased with their performance. On one dive not long ago a situation occurred which allowed me to put the fins through an interesting test.

I was diving near "The Arches" in Cabo San Lucas. The dive instructor that I was with was using traditional flat blade fins while I had my ScubaPro Twin Jets. The channel between The Arches and the rock just south of it had a decent tidal surge flowing through. This wasn't an issue when swimming with the surge, however we turned around and began swimming against it to return to the boat.

I was making progress without undue effort but noticed that my dive partner angled toward the rock wall and began pulling himself along hand over hand. He signaled me to do the same. Since he was the more experienced diver I did angle over toward the rock wall as instructed. Because I wasn't experiencing any difficulty in maintaining headway by kicking with my fins I chose not to kill off any of the marine life via the "rock climbing" techique. We both made it out of the tidal surge and continued on our merry way. The Twin Jets propelled me through this interesting challenge quite admirably.

The Twin Jets work quite well in my humble opinion. I will continue to use them for both my scuba diving and snorkeling... and I would recommend them to anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom