Scubapro--twin Jet Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Lisa,

I was able to use the tusa splits while at EPCOT in the Living Seas and found them to be more stressful on the calfs. However they worked well otherwise. There is not much diff. in price that I have seen so the best buy is Scubpro of those two.

chuckrt

How do these stack up against Mares Velos/Dacor Tiger fins?

I just got a pair of the black Scubapro split fins and absolutely love them. I am a new diver but have been snorkeling for years and have used several different pairs over the years. These are by far the best.

Bill

My wife and I both have the black twin jets. On our recent trip to the Dry Tortugas we saw 2 pairs of the Atomic Aquatic splitfins come apart at the seams, literally. In both cases the areas on the blade of the fin where the stiffer plastic joins the rubber just seperated. One thing I have always liked about the twin jets is that they are a molded fin with no disparate materials to wear out differently over time. I also have tried the Blades II fins and they killed my ankles plus I felt like I was going nowhere. The only complaint I have about the twin jets is that the footpocket is not quite as tall as I would like. The pocket is plenty wide enough, just a bit to flat for my foot at times.I am hoping that they will eventually mold themselves to my feet as I dive witht them more.

I have been diving with Tusa Expert Zoom split fins for a year now and have enjoyed them. I did try out the Scuba Pro Jet Twin Fins first and did like them too. But at the time I was able to get a better deal on the Tusa. I have a new pair of the Scuba Pro Jet Twin Fins and plan on using them over the July 4th dive trip I am going on, but I am carrying my Tusa fins just in case I have a problem. I have noticed that the Tusa fin pocket comes higher on the top of my foot and the Scuba Pro feel short and cut across the top of my foot. I too hope that they will mold more to my foot with use.

I have both the SP Twin Jets and Atomic Aquatics split fins. Actually the twin jets were a gift for my wife, but I've been "breaking them in" for her since she hasn't finished her OW cert yet. I prefer the Atomic Aquatics.....and I hope they won't fall apart like cbriggs77 said!! They are a bit stiffer and definately narrower. I'm gonna use the twin jets again this weekend to compare some more......

I have two pairs of fins.

The Mares when i first learned to dive and I borrowed a pair of scuba pro's from a friend.

I tell you, that is the best decision I've made so far in diving.

They are great! I used to always be plagued with leg cramps and such.

Bannanas and water only helped a little.

So i tried the splits, and poof

:cluck: = happy diver!

no more cramps!

My last comment, is if your going to buy one.. buy it online.

Diveinn and Lesiure pro are much less expensive than any LDS I've seen.. and since there aren't any complicated parts in the fins, you stand a very slim chance of having a problem.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Pauly

If you find a cheap shop in Singapore can you let me know please ?

I did a little looking in several LDS in Singapore. I found the TwinJets, but coldn't find the newer model with the swivel straps...was told they aren't in singapore yet. All shop keepers had good things to say about the fins though. The average price was about S$250...that's about $140 U.S.

Cheers,
Purofino:eek:ut:

If you haven't bought them yet, www.unrealfind.com has them for a great price. diveinn.com has them as well.....I don't know how much shipping would be though....especially to Singapore!

cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom