Scubapro vs Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They make great regs and as a diver that's all that should matter to you. Politics don't matter when you're diving. You're on the wrong forum.

R..

It's an American company and a damed good one.

Under water we're all the same. If you buddy with me I'm your buddy and I'll stick with you through thick and thin, French or American, Jew or Palistinian, Black or White, no matter what you believe in, no matter what God you pray to, no matter who you think should live or die, no matter what language you speak above water. A human being is a human being under water. In that sense diving is a great equalizer. Perhaps you talk more than you dive. I would suggest diving more.

As for you disagreeing with what compares to what, I doubt that you could tell. I've be willing to bet my balls that you've never had an Aqualung reg in your mouth so please feel free to back up your assertion with facts. Tell me, the last time you dove with an Aqualung reg, how did it differ from your Scubapro? Please be specific.

R..

everybody else as soon as we have a difference of opinion. won't take long and we will all have to be self sufficient hunters and gatherers to survive. sad state of affairs when oversea can't even accept a different opinion. do you also boycott everyone who does not vote like you? btw, given that the french arguably invented scuba you may want to start looking for a different hobby.
anyway, i dive neither scubapro nor aqualung. however, i had an aqualung reg as a rental in thailand. this was obviously not a top of the line model but it breathed exceptionally easy. this is also confirmed by numerous tests. in the latest diver magazine (UK) regulator test the aqualung (Legend LX Supreme?) had the best breathing performance of all regs including scubapro mk25/600. granted, the difference was minimal. however, to say aqualung does not even compare does indeed suggest that you don't know what you are talking about.

the_kuang once bubbled...
quote:

"What I do know about the modern scubapro's from a buddy of mine who has one is that they're very full of O-rings and he says they're more prone to IP creep than he'd like." -- Diver0001

-- What's IP creep?

Also, what are the noticable differences between the Scubapro S600, G250, S550? I notice that there's about a 70 dollar difference between the S600 and S550 -- is it worth the money? I'm willing to pay as much as necessary for quality as long as there's a return for it.

IP=Intermediate Pressure. Creep is when it fluctuates (it should remain constant.)

The S600, S550, G250 and the soon to be released X650 are almost the same exact reg when you get right down into the guts of them. All are Scubapro's balanced second stage design. The only difference between the S600 and G250 is the size, shape and contour of the housings. The S550 is basically a 600 without the second stage adjustment. The X650 is basically the bastard love child of the D400 and an S600.

I'm a fairly active person politically and, while I don't agree with French politics, I'm not going to buy an inferior scuba product simply because of the country's politics.

My primary set is Scubapro, Mk25/S600. My "beater" set (pool/loaner set) is an Aqualung Titan LX primary and backup. I haven't dived the Titan much, and I haven't taken it below about 40 feet, but it has breathed well in the range I've used it. For the price I paid ($200.00 from the LDS), I think I got a pretty good value.

IMHO Aqualung sucks. IMHO Poor design and poor warranty and poor service. Why bother with them. IMHO They are a terrible company.

As Baghdad fell I was diving 3 different areas in Tahiti. All the instructors were French and many of the divers were French with some Americans, British, and Japanese thrown in. The war never came up once. There was 0 animosity, nothing. When you are on a dive boat on a beautiful Tahitian reef who cares about politics :) .

Anyway, I read a review done by DIVER magazine. They tested the Legend against ScubaPro against Atomics and Apeks. They all said given the choice they'd buy the M1.

Here is the link http://www.divernet.com/equipment/1202regtest.htm.

So, let's throw the M1 into the mix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom