Scubapro vs Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ew1usnr once bubbled...
Have you ever seen the old Scubapro helium-filled 500-feet depth gauges? If you show up with one of those and a MK-VII you will give every other diver on the boat a permanent inferiority complex.

Ummm....I actually own one of those. :) I actually bought it last spring as new old stock from a dive shop that closed it doors. It works great with my double hose regs and horse collar BC. I often wonder what possessed Scubapro to market a gauge good to 500'. I suspect they were really optimistic about dive technology.

UMMM, wasn't the last question Kuang asked something like" when you talk about how regulators breathe at depth, what kind of depth are we talking about and which which regs breathe best at those depths

Why? Because it breathes superbly, is easily maintained, and a quality product. Parts are available anywhere in the world I would go diving.

If I were to get a different brand it would most likely be Sherwood.

My newest regulator is a Scubapro MK-20, D-400. The 2nd stage is so light, and the volume of air that it will deliver is so great, that when I bumped it and cause a free flow, the D-400 actually flew up in the air like a rocket. I had never seen anything like it. The free flow was easy to stop by putting my my finger in front of the mouthpiece outlet. I took it down to 150-feet to try it out, and it breathed great. Virtually no resistance and all the air I could want. The big surprise was with the Air-2 octopus. I tried it at 150-feet also, and it breathed darned near as well as the D-400! There are a lot of posts that are negative to the Air-2, but based on my experience I think that it is a superb regulator. If an out-of-air diver were to snatch the D-400 from my mouth I anticipate no problem with using the Air-2 as a back up. I think that Scubapro builds some nice stuff. Pricey if purchased new, but really nice.

This thread has been cleaned up to remove the political comments.

Please keep to the topic at hand - namely diving and comparing regulators.

Thanks

scubaroyster once bubbled...

The Aqualung costs alot more for annual servicing because you have to purchase the service parts. (The Scubapro comes with free parts for life)
Don't know how it is in US, but at least here in NZ Aqualung has lifetime free parts - as long as you get it serviced at least every year (the free parts service must be +/- month of purchase date) and is for personal use (no rental regs etc.. )
When I asked my LDS whether this would carry over if I say moved to Europe he did some investigation via the dealer and the answer was yes.
Vlad

Aqualung has always been good to work with and is easier to have serviced in some remote areas. Scubapro is very tight with their dealerships in Canada and only sells through several shops in my area, none of which I deal with, though I have used Scuba Pro with good results I prefer Aqualung, it is a kind of a ford chevy thing as noted above.

I use the Micra Adj and have done so for many years, I use them on new 1st stages without problems.

I had a Scuba Pro MK25/S550 and found it to breath noticably harder in the vertical posistion than the horizontal posistion. I had read in Rodales where this Reg was a great breather in all posistions. I took it to my dive shop to get adjusted and tried it again no change. I called Scuba Pro they basically told me that it was the best breathing reg on the market. I went out and bought an Aqua lung Legend and I love it. It breaths great in all posistions. I use the Scuba Pro as a spare. The times ive let my buds use it in a time of need they didnt like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom