Sea Elite RX650 Regulator????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mason417

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone heard of this brand? just curious if its any good.

I believe it is the home brand for Divers Supply. the only thing of theirs i have ever used is my current backplate and a now defunct wing... the backplate is good.. other than that, the wing wasn't very durable... the materials it was made of were not the best I've seen, and as consequence of this the bladder sprung a leak less than 6 months after purchase. they have a website that states it is still under construction and was last modified 04/27/07. So I honestly wouldnt put my life on gear made by a company that claims to be ""the best kept secret in the dive industry", and hasn't updated their website in over 2 years. but that's just me..

Their regs are OEM made by Ocean Divers Supply Tawain, just like half the rest of the regulators out there....

several other major brand names regs are the same as this. Sea Elite is just the store brand of Diver Supply in Macon.

The question to ask any time you buy a reg is "where will I get it serviced?"

The question to ask any time you buy a reg is "where will I get it serviced?"

well seeing how many other manufacturers make this same reg, in theory you should be able to get it service at about any dive shop as the rebuilt kits are the same.

however, no manufacturer will publish/admit that the kits are the same. so LDS's will shy away from using rebuilt kits from other "brands", even if they are the same. Can't say I blame them from a liability point of view because if something went wrong, it would be easily blamed by a court/lawyer system that doesn't know any better.

Where to get it serviced? Divers Supply has a program where you send it to them for service. Not unlike folks that send other brand regs into ScubaToys or Dive Sports to get them serviced via mail. (Not everyone has confidence in their LDS to get a reg service at it, regardless of brand).

EDIT: there are several Divers Supply employees and even their main store manager that are on Scubaboard. I find it odd that anytime someone asks about their "store brand" all you get is silence from them.

The dive rite rg2500 kits will work fine for that reg and im sure the second stage is the same as the older diverite second

I figured one of the Dive Rite, Scuba Max, Edge, etc kits would work, but wasn't sure exactly which one. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom