Seal Clubbing - What do Canadian Divers Think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sure like my new dolphin skin boots :popcorn:

J/K :D :D :D

DivetheRock:
wardric, I'm clean of any responsibility re: the dolphin post...notice I didn't even use the word dolphin. ;-)
I agree with you, BTW, about the synthetic topic. I also agree about the leather and fur, too. I was merely referring to a possible alternative to fur for the fashion minded individual. :) I didn't bother to proceed about the pollution, etc. A good point , though.
There was a very good program on the Documentary channel a couple nights ago about sealing and NL. There was an interesting point brought up, about that which I have seen firsthand. Every year hunters come from around the world (US, Germany, GB) to NL (and Quebec, too, as you know) to hunt moose, bear, caribou, and other "game". I know that many if not the majority of these animals carcasses are left behind to rot, while the hunter makes off with his/her trophy head/antlers/pelt. Now, that's a waste! It shouldn't be allowed in our country, or at least give the meat to a family that needs it. Seals, same thing.

Yeah, the guides on Anticosti island (a deer hunter's paradise) told me that many american trophy hunters came there only for antlers. At least, the meat was not wasted and was given to the guides. But I agree it's not always the case...

tedtim:
We could use it on humans too. Just think, control the human population so we don't end up with too many of us on this small planet. Hey, there was a very populous country that had a one child policy. People tried to get rid of the unwanted children.

While humane, using the hakapik on unwanted children might be frowned upon in some locales...
180px-Hakapik.jpg
babypink.gif

wardric:
as long as you ate the dolphin's fins John, that's fine... :wink:

:joke:

. . . .SHEW. . . . Does that mean my shark skin boots and my ostrich skin boots are ok as well?

jhbryaniv:
. . . .SHEW. . . . Does that mean my shark skin boots and my ostrich skin boots are ok as well?

I guess.

Now, It's dinner time, my manatee steak is ready. Later :wink::D

:joke:

oh my god :sprint:

DiverBry:
While humane, using the hakapik on unwanted children might be frowned upon in some locales...
180px-Hakapik.jpg
babypink.gif

Like Rwanda? Not much of an uproar then while over 800,000 men, women and children were murdered, a lot of them hacked to death.

Brand0n:
I am A ok with the seal hunt. I currently dive for Fish Farms in east nova scotia, i see first hand the damage a seal can do. 1 seal gets into a salmon cage and will kill 2000 fish just eating there liver and leaving the rest of the fish to rot.

Ask a pacific salmon fisherman about the damage farms are doing to wild stock.

There's a good topic for a new thread.

Diver Dennis:
Like Rwanda? Not much of an uproar then while over 800,000 men, women and children were murdered, a lot of them hacked to death.

Thats ok though. . . as long as we save the whales and dolphins and that cute little bog turtle that lives in the mud behind my parents house :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom