SeaQuest BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad to hear good things about SeaQuest - it keeps my options open. I don't plan on purchasing a BC before the course. Most of what I've read on the board recommends waiting until at least after the OW course. I guess it will really come down to fit and comfort. I don't know enough about divng and my needs yet to consider back inflation vs. traditional bc. I've heard itelligent arguments from all sides on that issue. Thanks for all your input. I'm sure I'll have more specific questions to follow.

I'm glad to hear good things about SeaQuest - it keeps my options open. I don't plan on purchasing a BC before the course. Most of what I've read on the board recommends waiting until at least after the OW course. I guess it will really come down to fit and comfort. I don't know enough about divng and my needs yet to consider back inflation vs. traditional bc. I've heard itelligent arguments from all sides on that issue. Thanks for all your input. I'm sure I'll have more specific questions to follow.

I just came back from a trip with a group from the Boston area and I was about the only one WITHOUT a Sequest of one sort or another. It made finding my BC much easier. Something to think about.

I have a twelve year old SeaQuest Spectrum 3 BC that's still going strong. I bought a Zeagle last year because I wanted weight integration and none of the current crop of BCs from the 'big two' that my LDS carries would fit without extenders, etc.

The Spectrum still gets the call for river dives when I'm likely to run into fishing tackle, as a hook in the Spectrum wouldn't bother me as much as it would in my Zeagle bladder.

SeaQuest (Aqualung) makes good equipment, and they're good about supporting their older equipment as well.

tachyon

tachyon:
I have a twelve year old SeaQuest Spectrum 3 BC that's still going strong.
======================================
I have a Spectrum III that's only been in the water a half dozen times and I don't use it any more. Bought a lower profile "Predator" model from Seaquest. If you're Spec III ever dies and you want another one give me a shout.

'Slogger

I have a SQ pro QD+ plus and I love it. The seaquest balance and black diamond are also great BC's. Never tried zeagle but I have heard they are fantastic.

I have several Sea Quest and we sell them in the shop. I love all of them. I was diving in a scubapro classic bcd but when I started working at the shop I changed to Sea Quest. The Scubapro was great but I love my SeaQuest.

ckjacques53198:

I have the Pro QD+ and love it. Never really dove with anything else, so can't compare, but there is nothing I feel that I'm missing, or wish it did better. Not a single issue in nearly 2 years and 70 dives.

As for waiting to purchase, I guess the main reason is incase you don't fall in love with diving as much as you think you will. Lots of people purchase equipment only to end up selling their hardly used equipment.

Once you decide you like diving, I say jump on in and purchase your stuff. It sure beats renting. If you have to pay $50 to rent, you may decide against diving for the day, but if you have the stuff in your garage, then you're probably more likely to drive to the water and have some fun.

Enjoy.

- ChillyWaters

I have the SeaQuest Pro Unlimited and I got it early last summer. I really like it a lot; it is so much better than the BCD I started with. It's comfortable, I like the integrated weights and the weight pockets in the back of the unit. I feel as though my swimming position is a lot better than the other BCD and my bouyancy control is much better.

I didn't buy it, though. I won it in a drawing. I was lucky enough to be picked by from all the members of an e-mail list to which I belong. I have to admit, I never would have bought it in the first place - it's too high end for my budget! It does kind of look funny amongst my other less expensive and older gear.

That said, I know that I will consider a backplate/wings setup at some time. So many people swear by them and rave about them. I have to see what this is all about!

My husband dives a Balance and loves it. I started out with a Libra, but switched to a BP/W. Be aware that the inflator coupling on the Seaquest BCs is proprietary and not compatible with other brands of inflators, so you would need to swap hoses if you ever had to borrow or rent gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom