Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wookie do you know if any .mil/CG assets out of KW would respond to a situation such as this?
Probably not. He is neither an American nor was he lost in America. I can tell you that there a tremendous number of birds in the air right now for a different excercise, 6-24 flights a day.

I'm so shocked & upset to hear this news!

Whilst I don't know Cameron personally, I've read many of his posts and have had several interactions with him on this board. He's always come across as very kind and gentle and happy to offer advice.

My thoughts go out to him and his family.

Let's hope he's found soon!

upload_2019-3-18_6-42-17.png

Bonnie is Cameron’s mom. Late last night when she came in from searching we put her in contact with GoFundMe to confirm her as the beneficiary of the SAR funds. She posted this photo from the first SAR mission on the gofundme site. I can't even imagine. Let’s hope today is the day.

Probably not. He is neither an American nor was he lost in America. I can tell you that there a tremendous number of birds in the air right now for a different excercise, 6-24 flights a day.
Would be nice to get as much available Mark 1 Mod 0 time as possible ...

Agree. Most of my military pilot friends fly on their own time as well. Training flights down that way are almost always over water. I'm waiting on a couple of responses and have a flight booked for the morning to see what I can dig up in person. Sometimes getting in someone's face gets results. Wish I could do more. I would trade places with Cameron in an instant. He's a man this world needs.
Hopefully @mtngoat2674, you can get the crews to use their heads-up time to scan the surface too!

Hats Off!

Has anyone taken the current charts and run some numbers, perhaps giving ideas of where he could be floating?

Is it conceivable he headed NW to the mainland when he realized getting back to Cozumel was not possible? I'm praying he's on land somewhere.

Out of the loop all weekend and just seeing this.

Terrible news and praying for the best!

Is it conceivable he headed NW to the mainland when he realized getting back to Cozumel was not possible? I'm praying he's on land somewhere.

While not impossible, it is unlikely he would have made it farther west than he was. The prevailing current would have likely pushed him east, away from land. My biggest concern right now is that searchers are not looking far enough away from where he was reported missing. Based on the numbers I've seen, he could be quite a ways away from Cozumel right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom