Search for the best extendable GoPro monopod may be over????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received the GoPole today and I like it. Its light weight and has a solid rubber grip. The telescopic feature is twist lock which is easy to use for me. One compliant I heard about the GoPole that concerns me is the lanyard breaking off. I have already designed my own lanyards out of paracord and small carbiners resulting in a MUCH stronger lanyard that I can use on just about any of my mounts. I've heard to many horror stories of drop cameras.

I hope to try it out this weekend at the beach.

Hey, EL Pistoffo, can you share your lanyard design. Looking to secure a hand grip. Thanks

JustinSThompson on Vimeo

I began with making my self a simple para-cord lanyard with some small zip-ties. I attached stainless steel key-rings to my grips with a zip-tie. You can zip-ties the ring to any part of the grip you want. I have key-rings zip-tied to my camera tray and to anything else I want to have an attachment point on. Then I would use an s-biner or carbiner to clip the lanyard to the ring on the grip. My intention was to place that small push button line clamp in the lanyard for tightening around the wrist but I never got to it. I have since found some lanyards at the dive shop: Adustable Wrist Lanyards for Scuba Gear at Divers Direct that I can attach to the same zip-tied SS key ring. Either works well and is much more solid than the original lanyards that are equipped with most grips from the factory. My para-cord lanyard isn't fancy or streamlined but its pretty damn strong.

I also made some small safety lanyards with yellow mason line and tiny aluminum ferrules as a backup attachment for my lights.

Lanyard1.jpg

Lanyard2.jpg

Lanyard3.jpg

sorry to dig this thread out, but anyone would recommend a good extended monopod? my cheap china made monopod just gave way, the top part that was holding the camera came off and the base of the monopod also gave way...

it looks similar to gopole reach, hence i'm not sure which monopod should i get... gopole reach, i had heard a few review that the lanyard was tore apart, the top also came loose...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom