Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shipping of my suit to Los Angeles was insanely fast. I don't remember exactly how long (it's in this thread somewhere) but I think it was 2-3 days. If I were you, I'd feel pretty good about getting it in time, assuming there aren't delays outside of the control of FedEx.

upload_2021-8-23_15-45-45.png

OK I did what I should've done: getting a delivery estimate from Fedex website.

And hearing what you said, it seems they are using International Priority to ship it. Have you still got the tracking number or box to verify?

For the ones who ordered a suit with the SiTech quick neck system, how did you like it?

I have added it to my suit, but I am afraid of how comfortable it would be. My shoulders are 40 cm (16 in) across, so I am unsure if they are wide enough for the ring to feel comfortable and unnoticeable.

For the ones who ordered a suit with the SiTech quick neck system, how did you like it?

I have added it to my suit, but I am afraid of how comfortable it would be. My shoulders are 40 cm (16 in) across, so I am unsure if they are wide enough for the ring to feel comfortable and unnoticeable.

My shoulders are roughly 18" across, I'm not that big. I have the Quick Neck system on a different trilam suit, so take that into consideration, but it's still the same ring. My harness sits outside the ring so as far as comfort goes there's no issues, there MAY be some mobility loss when reaching for valves but I still have no issues doing valve drills. The bulk of the complaints I see about the Quick Neck are comfort issues related to the harness sitting on/pressing against the ring, you'd have to have a pretty thin build for this to affect you. The ring itself is 270 mm (10-5/8"), maybe put your harness on and measure between the straps to see how this would fall. The ability to change a seal in minutes (to me at least) makes up for the slight loss in mobility some might see.

I added the neck system to my suit and I don't notice it. Putting the suit on for the first time I thought I would definitely be aware of it, but once I was in the water I didn't feel a thing.

I should add as well - make sure to get the Quick Neck system which is the 2nd generation, its much more flexible. Some drysuit manufacturers still offer the Neck Tite (1st generation), not sure about Seaskin. For further flexibility there is the SiTech Orust system (3rd generation) but this system uses a bunch of little clips instead of a retaining ring, so to me this system looked to be more of a pain. Odds are you'll be fine with the Quick Neck.

Still an option. I didn't want to purchase undergarments and drysuit at the same time to avoid high taxes/duties. But I still have all the measurements I used to get the drysuit. Just wanted to see if there was any good options stateside.

@hotpocketdeath so the undergarments would incur higher taxes/duties? Meaning a whole different category or just an additional amount proportional to the item price (which is just a little over $100)?

@hotpocketdeath so the undergarments would incur higher taxes/duties? Meaning a whole different category or just an additional amount proportional to the item price (which is just a little over $100)?

If you’re importing to the US, imports under $800 are duty free. Section 321 entries, they’re called. Over $800 you’ve got to pay duties. Drysuit undies are often cleared under garments, which can have duties as high as 21%. Drysuits go under rubber/waterproof garments, if I remember correctly from previous posts.

<—licensed customs broker

If you’re importing to the US, imports under $800 are duty free. Section 321 entries, they’re called. Over $800 you’ve got to pay duties. Drysuit undies are often cleared under garments, which can have duties as high as 21%. Drysuits go under rubber/waterproof garments, if I remember correctly from previous posts.

<—licensed customs broker

So @Marie13, the $800 limit is per item? Or the entire purchase? The entire purchase is definitely over $800.

For instance, if the undergarment is under $800 that means it will be duty-free?

I had asked Seaskin about customs when I placed my order, which includes the drysuit and undergarments (base layer + 150g). They told me they use commodity code 40159091. Whatever that means.

$800 or under for entire shipment to be duty free. Looking up that HS code now.

US equivalent is 4015.90.0050, other clothing articles of rubber. 4% duty. There will also be Merchandise Processing fee of 0.3464% of declared value. $27.33 minimum. You’ll get hit with the minimum. MPF is what you pay for US Customs processing your entry.

Back
Top Bottom