Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Comfort & customization
40mm suspenders
No logos
Change mat/bag upgrade
Elasticated back
Nix the elastic back imo.
I'm also purchasing a set of 150g undergarments, an extra neck seal, set of extra wrist seals, the Rolock 90 kit, and a set of Showa unlined gloves.
Buy 3-4 spare neck seals. You will inevitably tear your first one and then you won't have a backup. They are FAR cheaper from Seaskin than anywhere else. I've only tore one but have 4 spares available. 1 lives in my SAD and the others with all my extra crap in the garage.

Also, pockets on your sides of you're not diving SM

Kevlar markings: I had no idea that was even an option, honestly I thought the text was there for the website images only, thanks for pointing it out!

Elasticated back: Yes, I have a pretty significant difference (16cm) between chest/seat and waist. (110cm vs 94cm).

Expedition pockets: I have a pair of "homemade" tech shorts that have the pockets forward facing, but I'm not married to the idea. I don't dive SM (and don't plan to), so probably ought to just switch them to regular.

I don't dive cold water, mostly east/west coasts of Florida, so I didn't get any warm neck options.
Also, If Seaskin indicates that they do not have the Rolock 90 system in stock, check with DrysuitSpareparts.com

In anticipation of them not having it in stock (based on a recent post in this thread), I ordered a set from Drysuitspareparts (Submerged Diving Limited) and got them for 137 GBP ($172) along with a number of spare seals. Shipping was $23.

I've been spec'ing a suit much like your build but have been waffling between yellow arms or yellow chest. Getting the Rolock 90 now was hedging against Seaskin still being out when I order my suit.

Some spare wrist seals aren't a bad idea either. Sitech silicone wrist seals are about $50 stateside, half that from EU sources like Seaskin.

Finally ready to order mine after six months of procrastinating. Options as follows:

Suit & Stitching
Color: Black & Red
Thread Color: Red

Style & cut
Fully Telescopic Torso

Zip & pee valve options
Main body dry zip cover, same color as arms
YKK Plastic Dry Zip
Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve

Seal, neck, and wrist systems
Quick neck with Silflex seal - black
SiTech Oval Cuff - black

Valve options
SiTech Valve system (including hose)

Boot & sock options
Compressed Neoprene socks

Additional protection
Kevlar knee pads
PU shoulder reinforcement

Comfort & customization
40mm suspenders
No logos
Change mat/bag upgrade
Elasticated back

Pocket & attachment points
2x Expedition pockets (forward facing)

I'm also purchasing a set of 150g undergarments, an extra neck seal, set of extra wrist seals, the Rolock 90 kit, and a set of Showa unlined gloves.

Comments or thoughts? Am I not thinking of something?

My first dive in my Seaskin was a repair project with small tools in my side pockets in 40 degree water. I wore dry gloves (Showa 720's) with thin liners underneath. Probably the best possible "tactile" arrangement possible. My pockets are large bellows. After pulling open the pockets and reclosing them making sure the velcro surfaces mate together over and over in low visibility, I can see why others choose the zippered pockets. They may not "lay flat", but to me, they may be more utilitarian and easier to operate with gloves. Of course, that would depend on if the zippered pockets are a one hand operation. I may be totally wrong. Anybody?

My first dive in my Seaskin was a repair project with small tools in my side pockets in 40 degree water. I wore dry gloves (Showa 720's) with thin liners underneath. Probably the best possible "tactile" arrangement possible. My pockets are large bellows. After pulling open the pockets and reclosing them making sure the velcro surfaces mate together over and over in low visibility, I can see why others choose the zippered pockets. They may not "lay flat", but to me, they may be more utilitarian and easier to operate with gloves. Of course, that would depend on if the zippered pockets are a one hand operation. I may be totally wrong. Anybody?
Zippers are one hand operation, but the grass is always greener. If I ever get another suit it'll probably be the one thing I'll change, but not because zippers are bad... just to try them.

I wish they were bigger. I take all my crap and have a bungee attached to the pocket ring. So essentially I can open the pocket, pull everything out and it's all still clipped off on the loop. Feel for / look for what I need, unclip and then throw everything back in there on the loop. I did have to get some type of pull string for heavy gloves to be able to open and close the zipper.

1712002473588.png

Amazon Link

You are doing it wrong.
Any tool is to be clipped off, regardless of pockets you have.
That's one thing I am missing from my old Santi, pocket d-rings.

You are doing it wrong.
Any tool is to be clipped off, regardless of pockets you have.
That's one thing I am missing from my old Santi, pocket d-rings.
Seaskin zippered pockets have a plastic D ring in them

Seaskin zippered pockets have a plastic D ring in them
Don't the velcro pockets?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom