Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have worn mine with both Halo 3D and then the Arctic top. It was snug but worked, and I was super warm.
Halo 3Ds really aren't very bulky. Much less bulky than a 250gm seaskin. I can't imagine an Arctic top and halo3d would come anywhere near the thickness of a bz400x.

I should also post that I went with the Sitech Oval cuffs and ordered the Rolock 90 rings because they are the best, most secure setup available.

LOL, just trolling the usual suspects... but really, did order my Nova with the above :)

Zipper for lefthanded, because I had that config on a Waterproof suit with my inflation hose under the left arm and don't like to cross the front zipper with that hose if the Nova had the default (righthanded) zip. Also because my right shoulder is completely buggered at the moment, following fix-it surgery and loss of mobility.

Another option selected was the warm neck standard (ie" w/velcro). Again, similar to previous Waterproof suit and I like the option to open up the neck area when donning/doffing and for adjusting the neck area fit. Also easier to access neck ring when messing with the Sitech for seal replacement.

Suit ETA is March 15, 2024... just in time for spring dips here in the PNW.

Suit ETA is March 15, 2024... just in time for spring dips here in the PNW.
Spring and summer dips are the worst around here. Whale jiz cloudy waters... late fall and winter is the best. Now that you're going dry you'll get to enjoy year round PNW fun.

Halo 3Ds really aren't very bulky. Much less bulky than a 250gm seaskin. I can't imagine an Arctic top and halo3d would come anywhere near the thickness of a bz400x.

Well.. I've never tried a BZ400, but I do have the Seaskin 250gm. Hard to compare the 2. Thinsulate is much more "fluffy" and the 4E stuff is much more dense. The 3D and the Arctic together are more bulky then the 250. With both I can barely do valve drills. With just the 250 it's not that hard at all.

I prefer the thinner, denser material for dexterity, can't remember the last time I wore the 250.. should probably give it another shot. I can see after this past week where maybe even the 150 would be nice for in the 60's.

This may be/probably is a dumb question so please bear with me, and I've tried searching the thread but at 272 pages there’s a lot to sort through.

With the crushed neoprene socks attached to the suit, do your feet actually stay dry? I’m moving to a dry suit because I get cold easily, and my feet in particular get terribly cold/numb while diving, even with wool socks under my boots, so I would like to keep my feet as dry as possible. My experience with anything neoprene is that whatever is under it will still get wet, but maybe that’s not the case here?

This may be/probably is a dumb question so please bear with me, and I've tried searching the thread but at 272 pages there’s a lot to sort through.

With the crushed neoprene socks attached to the suit, do your feet actually stay dry? I’m moving to a dry suit because I get cold easily, and my feet in particular get terribly cold/numb while diving, even with wool socks under my boots, so I would like to keep my feet as dry as possible. My experience with anything neoprene is that whatever is under it will still get wet, but maybe that’s not the case here?
Neoprene is not permeable so yes your feet will stay dry until you have a leak, it will happen but very easy to patch.

you get wet in a wetsuit because comes in around to open ends not through the rubber itself.

Neoprene is waterproof. The only way your feet get wet is if you get a leak somewhere or the condensation from being in a sealed plastic bag pools down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom