Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a separate note, I the undergarments I ordered definitely isn't, and doesn't match the suit measurements. They sag 6" at the crotch and there is a huge amount excess material in the butt. Which is shocking because the suit from the same measurements fits nicely in both those areas.
My undersuit is cut similarly by the sounds of it. I've never been sure if it's a defect or just the way the product is; maybe excess so the crotch can ride up if you have your arms out in front or reaching for a valve? I'm happy enough with my undersuit but I think it's a weaker product than the drysuit.

I personally needed the extra room in the crotch. I just figured they knew🤷‍♂️😂

For his incontinence
Dammit... I told your old lady not to tell🤣🤣

My undersuit is cut similarly by the sounds of it. I've never been sure if it's a defect or just the way the product is; maybe excess so the crotch can ride up if you have your arms out in front or reaching for a valve? I'm happy enough with my undersuit but I think it's a weaker product than the drysuit.
I would have to add 50 lb to just my butt, and stretch my torso at lest 4" for it to be a correct fit.

I would have to add 50 lb to just my butt, and stretch my torso at lest 4" for it to be a correct fit.
You'll appreciate the extra room as you're moving around in the suit. Does yours fit like this?

20230427_190411.jpg
20230427_190534.jpg

Hello! I am looking to purchase my first custom drysuit, I plan to use Seaskin after reading through many pages on this thread. I am posting my thoughts below and some questions I hoping you all can help answer, please comment on anything that would be changed and reason why thank you! Diving will be occurring in Wisconsin lakes/great lakes during 50-60F water at the coldest.

Fully telescopic torso
YKK Plastic zipper
Main zip cover
Trigon or unbalanced light monkey. Is the trigon unbalanced? Which is preferred ?
Quick Neck System
Warm neck standard. Standard or simple?
Sitech QCS Oval Cuff
Move Dump (DIR)
SiTech Valve System. Seatech or CENJ? Comfort Patch?
Compressed Neoprene socks. What do people wear over the top of these? Rock Boots?
Protection. Are any of the PU options necessary?
Going to get matching pockets on each side, which is the best to get?

Thank you!
You and I are diving in similar conditions. What weight of undersuit do you prefer? Did you go for the extra space to allow thicker insulation? Also, how are you liking the suit so far?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom