Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also got a chapstick style lubricant with my fourth element drysuit with a YKK plastic zipper. Pretty much the same instructions for care as in the santi manual.

It seems like someone mentioned in an earlier post that they were able to get samples of the wideband external catheters. Does anyone have a source for this? Or do I just need to buy and try?

It seems like someone mentioned in an earlier post that they were able to get samples of the wideband external catheters. Does anyone have a source for this? Or do I just need to buy and try?
Buy different sizes from Amazon. They'll be your cheapest source by far.

My new drysuit showed up today! Ordered 10/27/23, shipped 02/06/25, paid $120.88 duty for suit & undergarment. Fit of both suits is fantastic! I didn’t opt for extra room, but it feels perfectly comfortable with the 250, and I could probably go thicker if needed without problem. Really impressed with the Kubi system, but I need to go up a size in gloves if I actually want to use the liners.

Attachments

• IMG_4750.jpeg
    IMG_4750.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4751.jpeg
    IMG_4751.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4752.jpeg
    IMG_4752.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4749.jpeg
    IMG_4749.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4753.jpeg
    IMG_4753.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 79
I'll save you the specifics for obvious reasons, but don't overthink it. There is a sizing guide pdf that you can google, print out and cut out and hold over your trousersnake to check your fit. I was between sizes. There were 10 packs on amazon with a good price per unit, so I ordered a size up and a size down. They both fit just fine, I'll be able to use them all without issue.

My new drysuit showed up today! Ordered 10/27/23, shipped 02/06/25, paid $120.88 duty for suit & undergarment. Fit of both suits is fantastic! I didn’t opt for extra room, but it feels perfectly comfortable with the 250, and I could probably go thicker if needed without problem. Really impressed with the Kubi system, but I need to go up a size in gloves if I actually want to use the liners.
Lookin fly my man! Seems like enough room for some extra layers if needed, without looking baggy. I was torn on the "extra room" option too, but if mine fits like yours does, I'll be totally happy.

I'll save you the specifics for obvious reasons, but don't overthink it. There is a sizing guide pdf that you can google, print out and cut out and hold over your trousersnake to check your fit. I was between sizes. There were 10 packs on amazon with a good price per unit, so I ordered a size up and a size down. They both fit just fine, I'll be able to use them all without issue.
Always go down in size. Shrinkage is a thing.

Always go down in size. Shrinkage is a thing.
Going down in size will create a crease in your flesh which can channel fluid. Going to the larger size and any extra will just glue itself to the surrounding material. Any "shrinkage" will be longitudinal once you've got the cath on.

Looks great! Do you have plans to to dive it anytime soon?
Edit: Today is my dispatch date. Hopefully I’ll get some news in the next couple of days.

I have a cheap, plastic set of calipers in the garage (from Harbor Freight? wherever they came from, IIRC, the cost was something like $1.99) and I used them to measure Ye Olde Anaconda before buying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom