Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do people normally order extra Kubi dry gloves if the don't add them in with their seaskin order?
I just had my suit and Kubi arrive, and my size M liner fits great, but I couldn't really get the outer glove over the liner it was so tight. There is a great thread about comparing dry gloves found here.

You can order the same gloves that Kubi includes from Grainger for 4.40/pair.

I have some single pair of a few different gloves on order to find what feels like it fits my hands best.

I did put some size XL Showa 660 on my kubi rings as suggested by @Boarderguy and once I get the right size glove, I feel like those are sturdier than the Alphatec that come with the Kubi.

I went outside in the cold and tried to don/doff the suit with the 150g undergarment and base layer. Seals and zipper were fine, but I struggled with getting the suit on/off my shoulders. The suit fits snugly, but I'm not too limber and I went through Christmas and Thanksgiving after measuring for and ordering it. So I'm carrying about 10 extra pounds. That's okay, I don't mind asking for help on the shoulders until I get back into shape.
Once suit softens a bit it will become easier.
-I had a Trilobite holder installed on the left sleeve. It is super handy, but if you like to turn your suit inside-out for drying or to apply talc, the stiff fabric of the holster makes it all but impossible to turn that sleeve out completely. If your suit is tailored for big arms, that may not be an issue.. There is an option for installation on one of the leg pockets.
If it's your only cutting tool place it somewhere where you can reach it with both hands. Waist strap is the best

So question about the inside of the inner zipper. I see that the small tab at the bottom that is glued in to keep the bottom of the dock from separating, but it looks pretty flimsy. Has anyone had this rip out at all, or is there any suggested way to reinforce it?

Attachments

• tempImageOjYYAg.png
    tempImageOjYYAg.png
    1,022.5 KB · Views: 26
So question about the inside of the inner zipper. I see that the small tab at the bottom that is glued in to keep the bottom of the dock from separating, but it looks pretty flimsy. Has anyone had this rip out at all, or is there any suggested way to reinforce it?

No idea about reinforment, bit it looks very similiar to my One Endurance suit which has 400 dives and no zipper issues (or damage to this one)

I've had the tab rip out on other suits, but not on my old Seaskin, and I used that thing for quite a few years. Perhaps the Seaskin's plastic zipper was the difference?

As for reinforcing the tab, I'd say no. I suspect that anything I tried would end up weakening it.

Post #1242

I recently made my Nova order with SeaSkin and I included the Rolock dry glove system with my purchase. SeaSkin emailed me to let me know that they were unable to get new stock from Rolock and that they would be removing that accessory from their site. The representative was very helpful and suggested I check out drysuitspareparts.com the for Rolock system. I was able to successfully purchase them from that source. I don’t know if there are supply chain issues with Rolock, but SeaSkin will no longer be offering them.

I recently made my Nova order with SeaSkin and I included the Rolock dry glove system with my purchase. SeaSkin emailed me to let me know that they were unable to get new stock from Rolock and that they would be removing that accessory from their site. The representative was very helpful and suggested I check out drysuitspareparts.com the for Rolock system. I was able to successfully purchase them from that source. I don’t know if there are supply chain issues with Rolock, but SeaSkin will no longer be offering them.

Good find on that site, thanks for sharing. I wonder what the heck is going on with Rolock. That's odd.

Back
Top Bottom