Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Using your estimated fee rates, the total should come to 106GBP or $134USD, so another $44US lost somewhere. $178 isn't the end of the world, just like to know where/why my money is being vaporized. Thanks for the responses.
UPS will give you a breakdown I believe. I don't remember... maybe I can find it

I was hoping since it is UPS collecting, that it might be UPS I would interact with for a dispute. However, as you noted, I'll probably just eat the extra $44US they seem to have assessed and move on.
Screenshot_20230209_134137_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20230209_134148_Drive.jpg

I love how the 250gsm undersuit is totally different to the 150gsm. Men's swimwear for the 250gsm vs "Men's Or Boys' Suit-type Jackets And Blazers, Knitted Or Crochetted: Of Synthetic Fibers, Less Than 23 Percent By Weight Of Wool Or Fine Animal Hair' for the 150gsm.

I called UPS and got the Customs Declaration to see how I was charged. I only ordered the suit and an extra neck and wrist seals. I was charged 4% on the items and a flat brokerage fee of $12.00. A couple of things to consider; the exchange rate today is a bit worse than 3 months ago so that is going to affect the amount. Also, I would bet the broker has some sort of graduated schedule and you probably crept into a higher bracket or something.

Here is what I was told to do in chat with UPS:

Call UPS US brokerage billing department 1-866-493-7140 option # 5 Monday to Friday:8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET

Using your estimated fee rates, the total should come to 106GBP or $134USD, so another $44US lost somewhere. $178 isn't the end of the world, just like to know where/why my money is being vaporized. Thanks for the responses.
Duty tax is completely separate from VAT tax. It might be different in old USofA, but in most of the world final tax goes on top of goods+shipping+duty. Plus broker's fee. That might be your 44 bucks.

They, and the rest of the world, are finally accepting their demise. Substandard kits are going to the wayside.
Question for you, is it normal on one of my kubi ring the metal kubi ring on one gloves is loose I attached a picture of what’s loose, all prong are in place is it ok? Or no they’re both assembled the same way!

Attachments

• IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 58
Question for you, is it normal on one of my kubi ring the metal kubi ring on one gloves is loose I attached a picture of what’s loose, all prong are in place is it ok? Or no they’re both assembled the same way!
That ring holds the glove o-ring in place I believe. Press it towards to the glove and it should snug down. Press it towards to the wrist and its should pop off to expose the o-ring and folded over glove. If it's "loose" that may mean it is just not seated fully.

My initial take on the delivered items...

Thermal garments 100 (almost lycra underwear), 150, 250 fit great, trim, leaves no extra bagginess. Sized per my suit measurements provided to Seaskin.

Nova suit:

For the test fit shown below I donned only the 150 thermals plus layered up my feet as per how I'll likely dive - thin wool socks, 4th Element Arctic socks, the suit with neo socks, and finally rock boots.

It was very snug getting into the suit, and I feel it could have used 1-2" more material width on torso and 1" more width per each leg. That's with the 150 thermals. I'm not certain the 250 would work at all given how snug the suit felt. Photos below appear to show enough extra room, but that's not how it all felt.

Maybe I just need to adapt to the crisp new stuff... my recent dives have been in a much heavier Waterproof D7x Nylotech size ML, which fits pretty good with medium under layers. For this Nova... I might need to shed some body weight. On that note, the Nova is far lighter than the D7x (10 layer butyl) excluding the attached boots, but the Nova fabric feels sturdy in its crisp newness.

Ouch, do not like the pointy toe pocket on these Seaskin suit socks. IMO it makes a lot more sense to just have a rounded toe pocket, especially when our insulation layers provide bulk and less need for a dress-shoe style pointy toe area. Quite surprised by their design decision on what should be a simple no brainer.

Attachments

• IMG_20240322_141510558.jpg
    IMG_20240322_141510558.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20240322_143806604.jpg
    IMG_20240322_143806604.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20240322_143811413.jpg
    IMG_20240322_143811413.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20240322_143817765.jpg
    IMG_20240322_143817765.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20240322_143814615.jpg
    IMG_20240322_143814615.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 57
My initial take on the delivered items...

Thermal garments 100 (almost lycra underwear), 150, 250 fit great, trim, leaves no extra bagginess. Sized per my suit measurements provided to Seaskin.

Nova suit:

For the test fit shown below I donned only the 150 thermals plus layered up my feet as per how I'll likely dive - thin wool socks, 4th Element Arctic socks, the suit with neo socks, and finally rock boots.

It was very snug getting into the suit, and I feel it could have used 1-2" more material width on torso and 1" more width per each leg. That's with the 150 thermals. I'm not certain the 250 would work at all given how snug the suit felt. Photos below appear to show enough extra room, but that's not how it all felt.

Maybe I just need to adapt to the crisp new stuff... my recent dives have been in a well used, heavy Waterproof D7x Cordura size ML, which actually fits pretty good with thermals and all. For this Nova... I might need to shed some body weight. On that note about weight, the Nova seems far lighter than the D7x, but the fabric (trilam) feels nicely sturdy.
Brilliant looking suit! It does look a bit snug on the gut there, but that could be a health blessing in disguise lol. The suits do have a bit of a break in period where they loosen up and fit a bit nicer.

That ring holds the glove o-ring in place I believe. Press it towards to the glove and it should snug down. Press it towards to the wrist and its should pop off to expose the o-ring and folded over glove. If it's "loose" that may mean it is just not seated fully.
Ok so I press it down towards my finger? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom