Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol, not that much (although there's apart of me that wanted to let that go with the knowledge that you would one day soon be standing at the waters edge blown up like a balloon🤣🤣).

Get in the water, lay face down and spread out. Over inflate just a touch and stretch out. Reach as far as you can in all directions. Takes 10 seconds to complete, makes all the difference in the world.
Hi Rob,
Being a DS noob, how does this help? Just curious.

Hi Rob,
Being a DS noob, how does this help? Just curious.
As @Boarderguy said. After doing it once or twice and then forgetting you'll notice the difference right away.

If I do multiple dives and have kept the suit on I don't find that I need to di it again, usually just that 1st dive. 5-10 seconds if that. Makes a world of difference. Helps to have talced the suit if new. I hardly ever talc anymore though.

So, I finally received my suit yesterday, and got to test it today. Was an ~80 minute dive in ~4 degrees water, and mostly I'm super happy! I do have two concerns/disappointments though.

The zipper - am I the only one with what I'd call a way to short one? I struggle to get it past my ass🤔🤭. It could easily have been 10-15 cm's longer.

Kubi gloves - the ring system seems okay, but the XXL gloves must be the smallest gloves I've ever worn - my hands got marks all over them from beeing strangled inside the miniscule 5 finger condoms.

I have quite normal hands, and wear a pair of heated samples underneath - will the gloves eventually stretch, or do I need to find a more suitable glove type to put on?

I struggle to get it past my ass🤔🤭. It could easily have been 10-15 cm's longer.

Or, you have a giant asss that's 10-15cm too big? (That's better than being a tight asss anyways)

So, I finally received my suit yesterday, and got to test it today. Was an ~80 minute dive in ~4 degrees water, and mostly I'm super happy! I do have two concerns/disappointments though.

The zipper - am I the only one with what I'd call a way to short one? I struggle to get it past my ass🤔🤭. It could easily have been 10-15 cm's longer.

Kubi gloves - the ring system seems okay, but the XXL gloves must be the smallest gloves I've ever worn - my hands got marks all over them from beeing strangled inside the miniscule 5 finger condoms.

I have quite normal hands, and wear a pair of heated samples underneath - will the gloves eventually stretch, or do I need to find a more suitable glove type to put on?

The suit will need a break in period. Just take things super slow until you get the hang of it. Coming from anything neoprene you're probably used to stretch. The suit has no stretch, so you'll have to relearn how to get in and out all over again.

Move slow, get 10 more dives you'll be fine.

Gloves might be too small.. call showa and get them to send you a few trial pairs of 720's (for free). They'll even send you different sizes if you ask. Heck I got a set of I think 660's just to get the yellow liner.

No, the gloves are not going to stretch out and get looser.

What do you have on under them? Most people wear very thin gloves under the dry gloves. If you are wearing the same kind of gloves that one might wear normally as winter gloves, they are probably a lot thicker than what most people use, so, yeah, the rubber gloves would be too tight.

Kubi gloves -
Showa 720s or 660s are the answer. 660 run a bit shorter and fatter in the finger I believe. They're fantastic for what I do.
20240124_164743.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom