Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you pry the ring off of the suit you can damage the part of the seal that seals the rings them selves rather than the part that seals against your wrist. I haven’t noticed and difference for removal with seal/ring position, I no longer have any of the original oval base rings to test it with since I will never use them again since getting the RoLock.
You don't dive without drygloves at all? I don't like the idea to leave that suit ring front face exposed
I just wet the seal when installing in the suit cuff. Third groove (the most sealing surface). I found a boltsnap useful to help pry off. The Ultima folks use the edge of a spool if you need more leverage than the boltsnap provides.
I'll try boltsnap, thanks. Do you push it under and then lift so the PU ring slides back or?

I just wet the seal when installing in the suit cuff. Third groove (the most sealing surface). I found a boltsnap useful to help pry off. The Ultima folks use the edge of a spool if you need more leverage than the boltsnap provides.
He is talking about a different issue, ultima users sometimes need to pry the glove assembly to remove the glove after a dive, not an issue with the RoLock. He is concerned with popping the suit side rings loose like you would do to change a seal or switch to a different system.

You don't dive without drygloves at all? I don't like the idea to leave that suit ring front face exposed

I'll try boltsnap, thanks. Do you push it under and then lift so the PU ring slides back or?
I don’t dive in a drysuit without dry gloves, ever. If I don’t need the dry gloves I’m diving warm water.
Just leave the glove partially attached when transporting and suiting up to keep the sealing surface protected but if you do want to switch off to wet gloves I would also use the ovals, changing between them is not difficult but it also isn’t simple. I use the plastic tool that came with the ultimas to pop the RoLock base out of the rings.

He is concerned with popping the suit side rings loose like you would do to change a seal or switch to a different system.
I've found the edge of a spool useful to separate the Rolock suit ring from the QCS cuff ring as well. The Ultima reference was just for context/credit as that's where I first heard of using a spool as a pry-bar.

I forget exactly. I believe I put the boltsnap in the alignment notch (pointing toward my wrist) and just twisted (about the axis running along the snap). The spool can go anywhere in the groove and also twists to apply sideways pressure to both ring and cuff.

The SiTech combi tool for the quick neck has a plastic pry-bar at one end. I found this better than a metal object for not damaging the rings. I don't have the rolock system though, this was just for changing a damaged seal with QCS rings.

Has anyone successfully appealed a customs fee through UPS?

My suit was finally delivered, and I got hit with a $400 fee (order total was around $1,400 for the suit and undergarment).
I beat FedEx down, they inappropriately classified the suit like it were a wool suit, not a sporting goods suit made of 100% man made materials. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom