Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the product relating to one of the photographs

There is evidence of adhesive in all the photos

3e89c75ed353614643e95a2ee2eea927.jpg

Here is the product relating to one of the photographs

There is evidence of adhesive in all the photos

View attachment 709092

Do you know if sitting in a hot car / storage / garage could cause that to come apart? I'm really new to gluing, but I know when I mess up a hair dryer for 5 min and I can pull everything back apart and start over.

Actually I kind of like that aspect, I can try try try again until I get the results I want.

Yeah I know. that's true.

This is also why I wan't so mad about it.. and also wasn't very keen on contacting them for any kind of warranty.

Anyhow, here are the pictures.
You probably should contact them, these sort of things should take years to happen but give them a shout and let us know what they say.

Do you know if sitting in a hot car / storage / garage could cause that to come apart? I'm really new to gluing, but I know when I mess up a hair dryer for 5 min and I can pull everything back apart and start over.

Actually I kind of like that aspect, I can try try try again until I get the results I want.

There're some questions above on the condition the suit has been placed in.

Although I'm no glue experts, I do care about my expensive stuff quite a lot so the suit wasn't placed under the sun at all. (The rubber pad is in the inside of the suit any way)
And it also hasn't been in any high temperature environment.

I have sent them an email last week.

(But I don't think they reply my emails that often. I had always needed to call them during BR biz hours when I had questions when they were making my suit)

@SaltyFrog after looking at the pictures again I would absolutely contact them. That doesn't look right at all. I can't fathom what that could be but it's almost like there's no glue at all on any of those surfaces.

I've never seen a Seaskin up close, and I have no idea what their process is, but something looks off to my inexperienced uneducated eye🧐
Yes there are glue.

But I don't know what the issues are, maybe they applied too little and it's just too thin?

The P-valve pad can be torn off by hand.

Just placed my order for a Nova Suit today.
Options include:
All black, no stripes, no logo cause I found it looked nice (someone posted a picture in this thread)
Telescopic torso, allowance for thick undersuits plus elastic back panel (I measured myself at home, made it a "snug" like tight fit but not too tight to feel discomfort hoping they will add a little anyway and kept in mind that some parts get extra allowance. Paired with seaskin undersuits it should give me enough space for movement)
Main body dry zip cover
Kubi ring system plus gloves 90mm xxl and ring covers
Swapped from bottles to cones and added a warm standard neck as recommended from here
Dump moved DIR style, added a red miflex lp hose (like my gear color coded, got white ones for regs)
I opted for neoprene socks EU45/46 and ordered evo 4 rock boots in EU47 (measured my feet and customer care what a perfect fit would be for them)
Kevlar knee pads added cause i kneel from time to time under water
I also chose increase braces to 40mm plus pocket for it to store my carkey
Bellows pocket left and right side of the leg should be sufficient from what I read at here
At first I wanted to go for a no gravity mammoth plus undersuit but again seaskin seems to offer quite a good deal here and so I went with theirs. 250 undersuit, 150 shorty and 150 knee high sox
Just in case the above combination is not enough for 30-60mins in 4-8°C water I can always add things since I ordered extra allowance.
Oh and those Apeks RK3 HD fins in super, since they claim to be an easy fit for the evo 4 rock boots.

Wish me luck

Just placed my order for a Nova Suit today.
Options include:
All black, no stripes, no logo cause I found it looked nice (someone posted a picture in this thread)
Telescopic torso, allowance for thick undersuits plus elastic back panel (I measured myself at home, made it a "snug" like tight fit but not too tight to feel discomfort hoping they will add a little anyway and kept in mind that some parts get extra allowance. Paired with seaskin undersuits it should give me enough space for movement)
Main body dry zip cover
Kubi ring system plus gloves 90mm xxl and ring covers
Swapped from bottles to cones and added a warm standard neck as recommended from here
Dump moved DIR style, added a red miflex lp hose (like my gear color coded, got white ones for regs)
I opted for neoprene socks EU45/46 and ordered evo 4 rock boots in EU47 (measured my feet and customer care what a perfect fit would be for them)
Kevlar knee pads added cause i kneel from time to time under water
I also chose increase braces to 40mm plus pocket for it to store my carkey
Bellows pocket left and right side of the leg should be sufficient from what I read at here
At first I wanted to go for a no gravity mammoth plus undersuit but again seaskin seems to offer quite a good deal here and so I went with theirs. 250 undersuit, 150 shorty and 150 knee high sox
Just in case the above combination is not enough for 30-60mins in 4-8°C water I can always add things since I ordered extra allowance.
Oh and those Apeks RK3 HD fins in super, since they claim to be an easy fit for the evo 4 rock boots.

Wish me luck

I'm surprised you'd measure at home instead of with a tailor... heck I'm even tempted to go to 2 tailors and use the average between the 2... I really just don't want to get it wrong.

I'm not at all experienced in that though, maybe you are.

I think you made a good choice all around. I didn't see a P valve? Can always be added later if needed.

Good luck! Hope to see pictures on here in a few months. Care to share the total with shipping?

You will get those PU kneepads anyway, but it doesn't hurt to have extra protection.
As for measurements, if you follow instructions on website, I really don't see how you can mess it up.
Edited to add: you probably saw my suit. TBH, seeing how nice Seaskin logo is on their hood, if I were to do it again, I would keep the suit logo, just to kill some of that blackness.

I'm surprised you'd measure at home instead of with a tailor... heck I'm even tempted to go to 2 tailors and use the average between the 2... I really just don't want to get it wrong.

I'm not at all experienced in that though, maybe you are.

I think you made a good choice all around. I didn't see a P valve? Can always be added later if needed.

Good luck! Hope to see pictures on here in a few months. Care to share the total with shipping?
Just follow the directions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom