Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, unless the YKK is different than my TiZip, on which you only grease the docking end with silicone, the plastic zip needs no lube.
So only brass get's lubed? I did not know that.. I don't own a plastic zipper either

I'm afraid the ask.... Why seaskin send with dry suit wax and if you look at manual is written to use the wax?
What's appena if we use wax on plastic zip?

I'm afraid the ask.... Why seaskin send with dry suit wax and if you look at manual is written to use the wax?
What's appena if we use wax on plastic zip?
Why did they send it? Probably just part of the packing process.

No, unless the YKK is different than my TiZip, on which you only grease the docking end with silicone, the plastic zip needs no lube.
Just be careful when using silicone anywhere on a drysuit, wherever it touches will not be able to be glued/repaired in future since no adhesives will stick to it. Not a big deal generally but worth keeping in mind when you look at likely repair areas (end of zips where a possible replacement zip may need to be glued one day)

@elZub I asked Seaskin the same. It's just how they package, which is stupid but it is what it is. Get yourself silicone grease and give wax to a friend with metal zip.

Thank you all to clear my doubts..
I confess I had wax on my plastic zip🤫 because this is my first dry suit and I just read the manual and used what I found on the bag.
Now what I can do yo clean it?

It would be so simple to sell the nova with grease and not wax on plastic zip suit.

Back
Top Bottom