Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying on my Nova for the first time!
- Fit seems good, with 250mg seaskin undergarment. Haven't tried with the additional shorty on top.
- Definitely get a custom patch, they are like $6. I got a manta ray logo so I can be scuba manta boba fett or something. It doesn't have to have your name or a country flag on it.

Tomorrow I'm going to my LDS to get boots and new fins, then I'm testing it in the in-laws pool this weekend and hopefully Monterey next weekend!

20220906_142241.jpg

20220906_142334.jpg
20220906_143221.jpg
20220906_143235.jpg
20220906_122744.jpg

I am thinking about seeing if they can do something like this... I got an all black suit with orange thread.. I think it looks pretty cool.... thoughts?
I would not ask them to do something that detailed. I asked for a custom patch that was just "flag of the Earth" and it came out OK, but it's partly black and on a black background so it didn't look exactly how I was expecting, and it was VERY simple. I would stick with just flags. You can always buy a nicely made patch and ask whoever your local drysuit repair person is to sew it on for you.

PS to get my flag patch I just asked them if they could do it and sent them a jpeg of the flag image. It is not copyright so they could do it.

For my manta patch, I made a decent sized jpg, kept it white on black with thick lines. Came out exactly as I hoped - so keep it simple, verify they can do it, and provide a good source file.

I would not ask them to do something that detailed. I asked for a custom patch that was just "flag of the Earth" and it came out OK, but it's partly black and on a black background so it didn't look exactly how I was expecting, and it was VERY simple. I would stick with just flags. You can always buy a nicely made patch and ask whoever your local drysuit repair person is to sew it on for you.

PS to get my flag patch I just asked them if they could do it and sent them a jpeg of the flag image. It is not copyright so they could do it.

Your manta patch came out well! But it is a LOT less detailed than what Rob was proposing.

I thought about that.. which is why I asked what they're capable of. I can dumb down the image and remove more of the detail. I emailed them, so I'll see what they say.

In the grand scheme of things this is the least of my worries... I just thought it would be something cool to play around with and make my own.

@laikabear for now I am my own drysuit repair person... if I had to look into doing it myself it would just never happen. I'll do stuff that's practical, but I wouldn't spend time doing something like that just for show.

@laikcan you show us a picture? Black on black.. I could always swap the colors.

Timing is everything, exchange rate, $1.09

Son of a gun, lol... would have been about $65 cheaper overall, but you never know.... could have easily gone back up... today is the day though. Just my drysuit by itself with all the bells and whistles would have been $1060.00 vs the $1107 I paid... still very happy I finally pulled the trigger

Here is my patch. I had asked that they not put "Seaskin" on it, and I expected the flag part would be bigger. Also as you can see, the edge of the flag disappears because it is black on black. I later bought a drysuit undergarment and drysuit bag from Seaskin with a patch of the flag of California, and those came out better IMO. My Seaskin is 3 years old. It's had the boots and zipper replaced. It has 125 dives on it. (My other suit is a Santi E-Lite. It is 5 years old and has 217 dives on it. It's actually at the shop getting new boots right now.)
20220923_122101.jpg

Here is my patch. I had asked that they not put "Seaskin" on it, and I expected the flag part would be bigger. Also as you can see, the edge of the flag disappears because it is black on black. I later bought a drysuit undergarment and drysuit bag from Seaskin with a patch of the flag of California, and those came out better IMO. My Seaskin is 3 years old. It's had the boots and zipper replaced. It has 125 dives on it. (My other suit is a Santi E-Lite. It is 5 years old and has 217 dives on it. It's actually at the shop getting new boots right now.)

Didn't the Santi have holes worn through the boots after only something like 80 dives? And 14 months or something like that?

For those who are ready to do their measurements, the pound dropped a significant amount vs the dollar this week. Might want to check the prices again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom