Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suit is getting leak tested Monday, and expected to ship out Wednesday! ^.^ SOOOOOO excited!

anyone know how long it typically takes to get to the states once it's shipped?
10 days? At least that's around what I've seen people post.

My suit is getting leak tested Monday, and expected to ship out Wednesday! ^.^ SOOOOOO excited!

anyone know how long it typically takes to get to the states once it's shipped?
IIRC my Ultra was dispatched on a Friday and delivered on Monday. I prepaid the duty through UPS on-line, so no delay for that. You can track shipping progress once you get the tracking number from Seaskin.

IIRC my Ultra was dispatched on a Friday and delivered on Monday. I prepaid the duty through UPS on-line, so no delay for that. You can track shipping progress once you get the tracking number from Seaskin.
how did you prepay the duty?

how did you prepay the duty?
It came as a bill to my UPS account and I paid with a CC. I don't know if a UPS account is required to pre-pay or not.

I've twice purchased stuff from another UK drysuit manufacturer and from getting the email it had shipped to when it hit my door was about 5 days. I am located on East Coast of US.

The duty thing has always confused me - I have never received anything saying I was supposed to pay anything for any of my shipments. One thing I noticed is that mine arrived USPS, and those I know that have paid duties have received theirs via UPS or FedEx.

I've twice purchased stuff from another UK drysuit manufacturer and from getting the email it had shipped to when it hit my door was about 5 days. I am located on East Coast of US.

The duty thing has always confused me - I have never received anything saying I was supposed to pay anything for any of my shipments. One thing I noticed is that mine arrived USPS, and those I know that have paid duties have received theirs via UPS or FedEx.
I feel like I remembered seeing something where you used to be able to get it shipped USPS, but you had to like call and request it to avoid duty fees... But then they changed it and wouldn't ship it that way anymore... That was years ago though

Anything under $800 (correct me if I'm wrong @Marie13) is not charged an entrance duty. That is why I split my order. 1 order for drysuit only. 1 for my undies, gloves and extra parts.

My drysuit was $1784 in 2018, just looked it up. I am almost certain I should have paid a duty, but never did. Only difference I can find between my drysuit and friends of mine who imported drysuits (excluding manufacturer) is the carrier stateside.

I never received anything telling me to pay. I am not sure if I was supposed to somehow claim it myself?

A few days ago a posted a question about Rolock 90 glove set-up and difficulty turning the glove side onto the cuff side. I did my first dive today and they were nearly impossible to twist to close. After my dive I could not get them to twist to get off. Someone helped me do it, but they struggled to twist them. Prior to applying the silicone grease on them, they twisted on and off readily. I think the situation is more than them needing a break-in period. What did I do wrong? They're unusable as is.
They need a break in. They will never be "flick of a wrist" easy, but it does get easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom