Second Caymans fatality in a week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having started diving back in 1969, I have experienced many environments and situations. I, like many of you, am in the " attack and stroke age group". I have certain medical issues which I control. My advice is go at least yearly to your Doctor and seek good medical advice on your fitness level for diving.

When I am on a boat full of mixed age and experience divers, I constantly remained myself to go slow. I gear up early, mentally relax, visualize the beautiful dive I am about to experience. Once in the water, I make sure my weight is good and I feel fit for the dive. I Go SLOW!

i suspect, if you live past 80, you are accepting of beating the life expectancy actuarial. So, to all those over eighty, I am jealous and hope I am still diving at your age. Good Diving and enjoy the majesty of the underwater world!

"I go slow"

Excellent advice for all divers at any age. It's the best way to really see and understand the world you enter when you submerge. I'm a diver past 70, and hope to still be one when I'm a decade older. I do more than hope, though. I work at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom