Secrets Resort Again Charging For Pier Use... BEWARE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a lot of noise coming out of both sides of his mouth - self contradiction, stumbling - no solutions, only excuses. We offeredmany solutions that included keeping the fee if that's what they need, but with a different system.
Of course I wasn't there but it sorta sounds to me like he may be a guy forced by his superiors to defend an indefensible position.

I hate the idea of having to pay extra but I did ask secretes via facebook if I could buy the pass, they said:

Yes, we alway recommend to the company to get the access but as a guests you can get them in our front desk

We are one month away and if it is anything but easy we will have to find a new resort, shame after going twice a year for the past 5 years

I hate the idea of having to pay extra but I did ask secretes via facebook if I could buy the pass, they said:

Yes, we alway recommend to the company to get the access but as a guests you can get them in our front desk

We are one month away and if it is anything but easy we will have to find a new resort, shame after going twice a year for the past 5 years

Let us know we have a March trip planned and wanted to spend ½ of our 2 weeks at Secrets

We have stayed at the Iberostar 2 times. They have the same rules about thier pier. We knew it.
However, it was so worth wading out and hoping on the boat of our choice. Waters warm and we were 5 minutes away from our plung. They had all our gear ready on the boat so we didnt have to drag it with us.

Try the Occidental just down the road! We’re here now and numerous boats come and go to their docks daily....this is our third stay here and it just keeps getting better! The food use to be ok...this time we have had excellent meals throughout the day! I’m very impressed with the quality of the food now!

Try the Occidental just down the road! We’re here now and numerous boats come and go to their docks daily....this is our third stay here and it just keeps getting better! The food use to be ok...this time we have had excellent meals throughout the day! I’m very impressed with the quality of the food now!

Allegro (Pro Dive Dive Shop) which is sister to Occidental will be charging boats around $3 per diver for dock pickup starting in november or december. Another fee for boats to pay.

As I mentioned before:

It's the principle that matters...if one gets away with doing that, others will do the same. Before you know it, dive operators would have to jump through hoops for EVERY hotel their customers use. That's just ridiculous.

Cozumel has so much to offer divers. Don't screw it up by allowing these tactics. Let non-divers enjoy this place. Real divers need to stick together...just sayin' :mad:

We need to stick together folks!

Pay nothing, walk right past the clipboard guy period - what can he do, push you in the water?

Pay nothing, walk right past the clipboard guy period - what can he do, push you in the water?
He and the hotel he works for can make it hard on your dive op long after you are gone.

Allegro (Pro Dive Dive Shop) which is sister to Occidental will be charging boats around $3 per diver for dock pickup starting in november or december. Another fee for boats to pay.

And with the same draconian process - ANOAAT is organizing a meeting with Tourism Board and Hotel Association to try to come to a resolution . We all need to be working together, not against each other.

The difference at Occidental is that it actually IS ProDive, the dive shop (not the hotel) trying to charge the pier fee.

Back
Top Bottom